The most annoying thing EVER...

jkkkjkhk

Hey guys, I'm making this thread as an experiment so please bear with me.
Tell me, what do you HATE about guitar-ism? What drives you crazy, what can't you believe is still a problem we have to deal with? I'm not talking about playing necessarily. I don't mean "why can't I play sweeps faster, or improv, or get Eddies tone..., but like losing picks, or sharp ends of strings, UPS, finding specs on a guitar... it can be anything.

So lets talk about the more annoying side of being a musician, it's not all glitz and glamour. :LOL: :LOL:
Thank you

Never being satisfied with my tone really annoys me.

Also, guitar players that take it way too serious. I've seen some really killer players on stage that look miserable/depressed while having a few thousand people enjoying their craft. I don't want to name drop but I seen a really big metal band 2 weeks ago and after the show my friends and I went to meet the lead guitarist behind the venue. One of the guys who I went there with is the guitarist roommate. He was totally put out for having to visit us. I had a good beer buzz but I could tell. Made me feel like a tool. Just an example of someone not appreciating their gift from the man upstairs.

Guitar Center really annoys me. Some people go in there and have no regard for the discrete player who doesn't show-boat by turning an amp up ridiculously loud. As soon as I get drowned-out I split. I was real close a month ago on purchasing a used [2010] Gibson Les Paul Custom [one of the last made with a real ebony board] priced right [2100.00] and after only playing it for just 20 minutes or so a couple of younger dudes [18-20] rolled in and blasted whatever amp and played some hack speed-lick over and over. I split then without making the purchase. GC employees should look-out for these types of situations. I bet they loose $$$ when these clowns run other customers away. Off my soapbox now. LOL

OldSkoolNJ":1accy26u said:
Other Musicians

:LOL: :LOL:

Exactly why I have been retired from band life for almost 10 years.

My only gripe is volume issues with apartments etc. The day I finally buy a house with some space is going to be a joyous one with the volume on fucking 10! Being able to play guitar whenever I want will be incredible. Want to work on a recording thing at 11pm, no problem. Can't wait to buy some acoustic drums to record with. Fuck using a program or samples An actual bass amp turned up. Being loud enough where the only thing I need in headphones is what's already recorded…. :rock:

The perpetual drunk chick who insists on a certain request........You know the girls I am talking about:

DC; "Hey do you guys know (insert song here)
Me; "Unfortunately no we don't"
DC; "Oh you know it, they play it all the time on the radio
Me; "Yes I am familiar with the song but the band isn't"
DC; "It goes like this...La La La Tra La La Tra La La" (as if we will magically know the tune based off of her extraordinary example)....

Reminds me of the wedding scene in The Godfather when the old man goes up to the big band and sings a melody of an old Italian song and the clarinet player interprets his drunkin melody as Pop Goes The Weasel...... Rant over, thank.you

-Guitarists who are posers, use all the glorious rock star moves onstage and yet have shit for chops.
-The weight of amps and cabs.
-waiting for the 1st set to start.
-having to warm up, you play like shit cold and then fine after warmup, people always expect you rip whenever, wherever.
-cold venues, rooms. Can't play worth shit with cold hands.
-bass players who drown everything.
-playing with no sound guy, have no idea what the mix is like set to set.

drummers hitting drums and other band mates playing whatever between songs during practice when we are trying to talk things over and i cant hear. ive gone into fits of rage over that hahaha

Guitar players playing the first 3 or 4 chords to the song before the band starts playing it!!! This drives me nuts!!!! You know the damn song just play it already!! Its like when some dumbass says the punchline before your buddy is finished the joke....giving away the plot when you start watching the movie...did I mention how much this annoys me?? :LOL: :LOL:

I have a strong distaste for most pentatonic blues / blues rock type of playing ad nothing pains me more than YT clips with some dude with super awesome gear bust out poorly executed and strung together BB King and Chuck Berry licks thinking they are cool. I loath hearing them in metal or hard rock music if they stick to too long.

The general one is the uninformed guitarists who feels the need to inaccurately inform other uninformed guitarist with the inaccurate knowledge. You see guitar players who can't play give lessons? what? You're teaching how NOT to play guitar. You see guitar players inform others to adjust their truss rods because their bridge is set too high. You see so much misinformation form know it alls that don't know shit LOL

Not being able to play the melody in my head immediately and in the right context of the song/progression. Not knowing how to build tension then resolving it while carrying the melody. I've watched some of the Eric Johnson/Mike Stern clips on YT lately and I realize what a pretender I am.

Shawn Lutz":3s2x6zyo said:
The general one is the uninformed guitarists who feels the need to inaccurately inform other uninformed guitarist with the inaccurate knowledge. You see guitar players who can't play give lessons? what? You're teaching how NOT to play guitar. You see guitar players inform others to adjust their truss rods because their bridge is set too high. You see so much misinformation form know it alls that don't know shit LOL

That's a good one, I made this thread to find some pain points for us guitarists hoping I can create a product or service that will help with these, but this comment is similar to one idea I already have been thinking deeper in to.

What's everyones opinion of the endless amount of ads on CL with the wrong model name, wayyy wrong price, no model name at all, just "electric guitar $250 " (with no pics) :doh: , and just generally uninformed people trying to sell gear? I know not everyone can spend their lives learning all this info like we have, but if there was a quick easy way to determine what guitar you see on the wall at a pawn shop, or the correct price for that used guitar at GC, or just help parents understand what they're looking at and not get screwed when buying their kid a guitar... would you guys find this useful? Same scenario for effects, all the vintage and boutique effects out there. Same for amps, basses, acoustics... some sort of service that will help anyone from a completely lost parent all the way to a professional musician who just wants to learn more.

I'd love to hear some comments on this thought :rock:

jkkkjkhk":1fhg3m6g said:
flimz":1fhg3m6g said:
Amp demo vids when the guitar is totally out of tune...ugh.
That's a good one too, can be compiled into my post above this one.

Amp demo vids when people use a boost/distortion/OD/or any kind of pedal with the amp. I want to hear what the AMP sounds like by itself!!!

skoora":1emhzmo5 said:
OldSkoolNJ":1emhzmo5 said:
Other Musicians

:LOL: :LOL:

Exactly why I have been retired from band life for almost 10 years.

My only gripe is volume issues with apartments etc. The day I finally buy a house with some space is going to be a joyous one with the volume on fucking 10! Being able to play guitar whenever I want will be incredible. Want to work on a recording thing at 11pm, no problem. Can't wait to buy some acoustic drums to record with. Fuck using a program or samples An actual bass amp turned up. Being loud enough where the only thing I need in headphones is what's already recorded…. :rock:

This ll day long! I hate not being able to turn up, & just is bad is the bass wanker upstairs who thinks every one needs to hear his shitty playing....babumbabumbabumbabumbabum...hate that shit!

Back