The Ultimate EL34 Based Amp

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
The two up top and the bottom left!

KVbWCo7.jpg
Do you have demos/clips of your own by chance?

If not any good ones you receive mend from youtube?

What models are those?

Do you have demos/clips of your own by chance?

If not any good ones you receive mend from youtube?

What models are those?

Not the MC2 or W800 as I just got those in last week, but there's some iphone videos of some of my other Wizards on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/@mhenson42
Models in the pic are W800 50w el34, MC2 mk2 50w el34 on top and MTL mk1 100w el34 on bottom left and MTL mk2 KT150 bottom right. Also have a 100w MTL mk2 6L and a 50w MTL mk2 KT66 (delivering today).

I have an XTC classic modded for butler at Tone merchants .Gets me that john 5 educated Horses thing
How long ago did you get your mod done? I’m trying to get a mod done as well. Cautiously optimistic Dave will agree to do it.

No it ws on Reverb for a day I tried to messge to see if it was 220 or 117 voltage but got no reply and it was gone the next day I think the seller was in France
Incredible, that would have been fun to check out

Undoubtedly a Hermansson. That dude DELIVERS the magic. Every video he posts sounds incredible. I’ve been hunting one of his PA amps for many years at this point, and have failed miserably at getting one.

His 3 and 5 gain stage Marshall’s are EPIC. The regret I feel daily at not ordering his 5 gain stage Marshall is almost crippling at times as I delve deep into 5 gain stage demos. All the while hunting a magical PA with honking Partridge transformers and failing. Ugh…. Hell, I’m not much of a Mesa fan, but his Mesa mods sound glorious.

Plus, you never hear of bad business practices or questionable ethics.

Yes, if I could snag any el34 amp it would UNDOUBTEDLY be a Hermansson.

VIVA LA HERMANSSON!

Undoubtedly a Hermansson. That dude DELIVERS the magic. Every video he posts sounds incredible. I’ve been hunting one of his PA amps for many years at this point, and have failed miserably at getting one.

His 3 and 5 gain stage Marshall’s are EPIC. The regret I feel daily at not ordering his 5 gain stage Marshall is almost crippling at times as I delve deep into 5 gain stage demos. All the while hunting a magical PA with honking Partridge transformers and failing. Ugh…. Hell, I’m not much of a Mesa fan, but his Mesa mods sound glorious.

Plus, you never hear of bad business practices or questionable ethics.

Yes, if I could snag any el34 amp it would UNDOUBTEDLY be a Hermansson.

VIVA LA HERMANSSON!

May I ask what holds you back from ordering one? Are they especially pricey?

I was looking for a PA, he doesn’t do them anymore so you have to find one used and they never come up. So I’ve been patiently waiting and watching.

Lol sorry, I read PA and thought you were looking for a literal PA

SE-100 sort of just disappeared, tough to find those!
Yeah John has talked about bringing them back into production. I was lucky to snag one of the original hand wired ones last month. If you find the right dealer, they’ll let you order a se in a sl68 chassis. I assume it’s a year plus wait for it though.

Attachments

• A18162FC-C451-4C3F-BF16-A5403000099B.jpeg
    A18162FC-C451-4C3F-BF16-A5403000099B.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 21
Yeah John has talked about bringing them back into production. I was lucky to snag one of the original hand wired ones last month. If you find the right dealer, they’ll let you order a se in a sl68 chassis. I assume it’s a year plus wait for it though.

Literally just tried and they said no because John is working on a redesign…told to wait for 2024!

Back