Thought about selling

panhead

All my marshall collection before it is too late. As in nobody wants this shit anymore. Which i didnt think I would see the day but its coming. What yall think?

Prices are going up because demand is high and supplies are low. I don’t know where you live but on the east and west coasts, there’s not many Marshall’s for sale and ones that are for sale either have been dicked with and have outrageous asking prices or they are collectors items running well into the 5k+ mark.

Id hold onto anything vintage and let go of anything modded as even those are in high demand.

Im not letting go of my Marshall. It’s not as heavy sounding as my laney or Bogner but that’s why I keep it around.

As long as you understand a. You may not be able to replace it and b. Prices may continue to go up until they reach stupid levels. Cashing in now if you need the cash is understandable, but unless you see an end to your playing I'd hang on until the very last.

I sold some Marshall amps. I couldn’t pass up the cash. I still have my 67 Plexi that I should sell. One recently sold for $9500. I’d sell mine in a second for that. It’s the last Marshall I own.

I still have 5 vintage Marshall cabinets… which are REALLY hard to come by these days.

Its crossed my mind but I dont have to feed them. Same with a 1941 FL harley I bought back in the day for 8k and people / wife said I was crazy to pay that much for that old motorcycle. Google it 1941 fl harley. :loco:

Doit.. Get it while it's hot. I'm with you just like with vintage muscle cars.. Only people of that era like that stuff. Kids today don't wanna drive at all, or want an electric car.. The certainly aren't doing repairs or modifying cars..
You can't play them all and probably only like 1 or 2 items the best.. It's only your ego that will hurt because you don't have it anymore.

Doit.. Get it while it's hot. I'm with you just like with vintage muscle cars.. Only people of that era like that stuff. Kids today don't wanna drive at all, or want an electric car.. The certainly aren't doing repairs or modifying cars..
You can't play them all and probably only like 1 or 2 items the best.. It's only your ego that will hurt because you don't have it anymore.
That`s how I was thinking but just not sure. I used to buy and sell and ship alot of music gear but now if I was to sell it would be an in person deal only.

KIds don't know how to play a real all tube amp.. They need a Modelor with tons of artificial gain and compression to carry their weak intonation.. Plus, they are to weak to carry a tube head because they were brought up to sit and play video games instead of staying outside until dark.. LOL

I would keep the few gems and off the rest if you have a lot. I wish I still had all the gear of the past, but time rolls on and it really wouldn't get played because I've moved on to newer, better amps that suit my playing today..

I have over 10 Marshalls, many with great mods. . I can't sell them yet. Maybe someday. Good luck whatever you decide

Eric

That`s how I was thinking but just not sure. I used to buy and sell and ship alot of music gear but now if I was to sell it would be an in person deal only.
Yep, that is me. I used to flip gear like a sailor in Bangkok but now I try to hold on to most thing.

I sold mine. There’s a million builders doing the same shit if I want that sound, with less potential issues and hassle if I want to gig them. The prices right now are absurd.

All my marshall collection before it is too late. As in nobody wants this shit anymore. Which i didnt think I would see the day but its coming. What yall think?
If you're going to sell do it this year because next year the tax man(or woman)will be knocking on your door..

The only vintage Marshall I have is a '79 2203, but it once had a loop, so those holes are still there. And I blew the PT a few years ago, so that's been replaced. Still looks and sounds amazing though. The rest of my Marshalls are all modern reissues or DIY clone builds, so not much vintage value there. But I sure lover playing them and they really deliver the goods at bigger gig venues.

Back