Top 5150 Tones!!

this is the first song i remember becoming aware of the 5150 in the late 90s. these dudes played a small club in CT back then and it was absolute complete chaos.. people swinging and jumping from the PA, tables and chairs flying, kung fu acrobatics everywhere.. i didnt even know who they were. listening back now though throwing a chair seems like a good idea

Edit: then i remember As I Lay Dying totally ripping off this song on headbangers ball and i was so pissed

For what it’s worth, ascendancy was a 5150 and a recto, not just a 5150. But I think the main tone was a 5150 through a krank cab.

Heartwork, clayman, anything out of studio fredman, black dahlia murder. Ironically though, every one of these records had some weird/out there techniques to get those tones. Heartwork and the frankencab, clayman with a Laney head and a Marshall valvestate blended in, black dahlia and the parallel EQing done under the main tone etc.

Oh, and for the “im a bullshitter” crowd lol

View attachment 142861
the real takeaway for me here is that you both actually use those ridiculous apple face emoji doodads.....

Back