Vince Neil Exposed

SFW

Can we take a moment to talk about how badass Steve Stevens is on this record?!!? Love all of his album tones, but this is probably my favorite SS tone. It is thick , chewy and saturated but articulate all at the same time. And to top it off, his playing is on fire. Enjoy...

Yep, Steve and Vik Foxx put on a rock and roll clinic on this one. And that guitar sound to me is the best guitar sound around. Similar to the Fair Warning tone.

Might be my flu meds talking here, but I think the early 90s are some of the best stuff from the 80s hair bands. Its like grunge came in and the hair bands really had to try to get the fans back.
I tend to agree with this. A lot of the bands seems to put a little more testicular fortitude into it.

Can we take a moment to talk about how badass Steve Stevens is on this record?!!? Love all of his album tones, but this is probably my favorite SS tone. It is thick , chewy and saturated but articulate all at the same time. And to top it off, his playing is on fire. Enjoy...

Were those his ray gun effects for guitar at the end of his solo?

Might be my flu meds talking here, but I think the early 90s are some of the best stuff from the 80s hair bands. Its like grunge came in and the hair bands really had to try to get the fans back.
Agree. Early 90s is may favourite era of music

I heard a few of the tracks the other day and realized that in my mind, I remembered them better than they actually were. I didn't feel they held up that well though Steve's playing and tone def. have. He's got a great ear and he knows how to play for the song. Just one of those guys.

I really like Steve's playing on those early Billy Idol albums too. Not as aggressive of course but you don't realize the detail that goes into it until you listen a few times.

Of course. Skid Row, Corabi Crue, Ratt, George Lynch all had good stuff in this time period. The fakes moved on (both artists and fans) but the reals nose knows.

Back