Your perfect guitar or your perfect amp. Which would you choose?

Which would you choose?

• Perfect Guitar

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Perfect Amp

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters

MadAsAHatter

Just a fun little poll.
You can have only one guitar and one amp. One can be your perfect match, the other will work but not 100% for you. Which piece of perfection would you go for? The amp or the guitar and why?

Last edited:
Amp and speakers makes up a good chunk of tone, so I’m 100% talking my Golub modded Marshall and Suhr SE100 over a “perfect guitar”.

Definitely guitar. I don't believe there's a "perfect" amp. There's lots of awesome ones, but I want variety. The amp that sounds best to me on Monday might not be the amp that sounds best to me on Wednesday. I want a guitar to be consistent.

Guitar- for me it starts right there. If I cannot gel with the guitar I am playing, it has a negative effect of my playing and writing. I can always compensate with pedals with amps. with guitar its either go or no go.

I said amp because I really want to get a Mark IIC+, but I'm really satisfied with the tones I get out of my Mark IV (it's a little more modern sounding and I feel it suits my style well, so maybe it is the perfect amp for me??), so maybe Guitar?? IDK. I'd have to play the perfect guitar to decide which is more important.

Amp. I played decent but not world beating guitars for years; my Charvels are great but not vintage tone beasts.
Amps are always the focus for me.

I have had a lot of cheap great sounding guitars after a few easy upgrades. But I would set any amp on fire before getting rid of my Jackson. That guitar is me in guitar form. I love a good amp, and as bad as a bad amp is, I found my guitar. I don't think there is a perfect amp out there. The amp I have is really damned good for what I want, but there are probably 10 different amps that could do it well too, if differently.

Last edited:
Add me to the guitar list of guys. A great guitar is gonna inspire me way more than an amp.
You really think so? Hell, I'll play any old piece of shit as long as it stays in tune, lol. I may be inspired by guitars but most of my tone comes from the amp and cab and my tone is what inspires me to write good riffs.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

You really think so? Hell, I'll play any old piece of shit as long as it stays in tune, lol. I may be inspired by guitars but most of my tone comes from the amp and cab and my tone is what inspires me to write good riffs.
I agree with you about most coming from amp. But a poorly setup guitar with a bad pickup can kill motivation

I agree with you about most coming from amp. But a poorly setup guitar with a bad pickup can kill motivation
True. But if you learn how to set intonation, truss rod adjustments and action it should be no problem getting most guitars in playing shape, then just throw a pickup of your choice in the bridge position and you're ready to rip, maybe get some new tuners too if they're not stable enough.. I've been inspired to play with many cheap guitars setup and modified by myself.

Back