Grover Jackson talks about Wayne Charvel

ejecta

And it's not pretty.....

Whole thing is good but the Charvel stuff starts around 1:24:00

JK

I knew Wayne Charvel didn't have much to do with Charvel's heyday but I still like the guitars. It's still an classic brand name.

ejecta":3slp7czo said:
Cheap shots??? LOL!

Truth hurts.

Exactly.

This type of thing also happens all the time. Maybe not in the guitar building world but in other businesses.

I had no idea about any of this though. I mean good for him...Honestly..Lets throw some electrical tape on a guitar for EVH and make a career from it.

Well played Wayne.

ejecta":2q96gj2a said:
Cheap shots??? LOL!

Truth hurts.

Yeah, no need to drag someone through the dirt during a cool show...it only cheapens the show and makes it into a gossip hour.

I'm not sure how any "truths" were proven during a one sided conversation.

No surprises here. I think it's pretty well known that Wayne Charvel just assembled bodies and necks he sourced, painted and sold them before Jackson bought the company. And it's well known that Charvel and Jackson haven't liked each other since Jackson bought him out. Because Jackson turned Charvel into a world renowned company, and then morphed it into Charvel/Jackson. And Wayne probably resented that to a degree. Hell, as long as Fender keeps the specs close to the original it's still a Charvel. And the Custom shop guys are the same guys that built the original Charvel USA and later the Jackson USA guitars. I've never played a pre pro Charvel, so the necks that I am used to are the Grover Jackson Charvel necks. I can tell you that I have a mint 88 Jackson strat with a maple board that plays the exact same as the 85 Charvel USA I had last year, and are the same as my 2005 pointy RI and my 95 SDIV. Great guitars period.

Thanks for posting!

psychodave":1inpd9bu said:
ejecta":1inpd9bu said:
Cheap shots??? LOL!

Truth hurts.

Yeah, no need to drag someone through the dirt during a cool show...it only cheapens the show and makes it into a gossip hour.

It wasn't dragging him through the mud. He just stated facts about what Wayne did and didn't do. How's that dragging him through the mud?

Anyhoo..... enjoy your Boogie body with a Fender neck. :LOL: :LOL:

ejecta":2twf3b8z said:
psychodave":2twf3b8z said:
ejecta":2twf3b8z said:
Cheap shots??? LOL!

Truth hurts.

It wasn't dragging him through the mud. He just stated facts about what Wayne did and didn't do. How's that dragging him through the mud?

Anyhoo..... enjoy your Boogie body with a Fender neck. :LOL: :LOL:
I know I'd love to have one of those originals, even if they were parts guitars. They're worth what, 5-7k depending on graphic/non graphic? Let's face it, all the big names owned Charvels back then.
Had to be doing something right.

scottosan":2v71vz27 said:
All I know is that the couple of guitars from the GJ2 line that I played were crap

The one I played was terrible. I've heard this from a few others as well.

Does he use pre cut bodies and necks?

I thought this was common knowledge as well. If I remember right, Wayne Charvel was gone by 78-79 so why would he have anything to do with most of the Jackson/Charvel artists.

Wayne sold the company to his employee Grover in 1978. The pre-pro's were made under Grover's watch too. Grover took it from a local guitar repair shop to a company we are still talking about today.

psychodave":19vflhax said:
Does he use pre cut bodies and necks?

No. He has a CNC machine and cuts his own bodies and necks. He also cuts bodies and necks for some huge name manufacturers in the industry. Some want to make it well-known that they are using Grover for oem work. Others want it kept a secret. When I have visited his shop, I have seen identifiable bodies and necks stacked on tables, I was amazed at who he was building for including some companies charging $4-5k for guitars.

Back