5153 blue channel changes. True or false?

I wish my stealth had the original blue channel. Even though I wished it had a touch more gain it was a nice contrast to the red channel, the stealth blue has more gain but the voicing way too dark and compressed. Lost all its pop. But I guess that's what happens when you add more gain I'm guessing

5150clone":3by30s13 said:
I wish my stealth had the original blue channel. Even though I wished it had a touch more gain it was a nice contrast to the red channel, the stealth blue has more gain but the voicing way too dark and compressed. Lost all its pop. But I guess that's what happens when you add more gain I'm guessing
yah. i hear a man.
with a little more gain on ch2 in the nonstealth models the thing kicks. some others also say the stealth ch2 andch3 are about the same and it went from a 3ch amp to a 2 ch amp.
do the gain mods on the n/s models and you will be happy. :rock:

Bronco":27y6tu2g said:
Padre Bonic":27y6tu2g said:
jd267":27y6tu2g said:
Must be why Ed has BE100 guts in his EVH head cabs lol. This was confirmed by a GOOD source
Get off the pipe young man.
Yeah that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its true but believe what you want man I thought it was funny my self When I seen the proof . Does not change the fact the amp sucks

jd267":35xzwrm1 said:
Bronco":35xzwrm1 said:
Padre Bonic":35xzwrm1 said:
jd267":35xzwrm1 said:
Must be why Ed has BE100 guts in his EVH head cabs lol. This was confirmed by a GOOD source
Yeah that's one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Its true but believe what you want man I thought it was funny my self When I seen the proof . Does not change the fact the amp sucks to me . But that's my opinion

jd267":oz80jupk said:
Bronco":oz80jupk said:
Padre Bonic":oz80jupk said:

Its true but believe what you want man I thought it was funny my self When I seen the proof . Does not change the fact the amp sucks to me . But that's my opinion
please post this proof

I did the mods to my 100 watt (remove or clip one leg of r26,remove c23 and jump with a wire if not already done from the factory,and change r25 to 100k). I'm telling you this is it! Channel 2 has the 50 watt gain now but slightly more open and ballsier I'm thinking due to the 100 watt power section. Absolutely perfect now. The 50 watt was killer in rehearsals for my thrash/punk band but I wanted a 100 watt for gigging. Now there won't be a tonal/gain difference between the two because I reside mostly on channel 2.

jd267":1kbdig15 said:
Bronco":1kbdig15 said:
Padre Bonic":1kbdig15 said:

Still waiting on that proof.

Just herd it from a Freidman endorsement friend . I believe him and he showed me pics also. Can't post that here it will start a shit storm with the fan boys

Kevin11":tr13qxqn said:
Lord Toneking":tr13qxqn said:
Man I wish I had my 100w back because I only gor rid of it because the blue channel lacked enough gain :doh:

I remember you and I having issues with the 50w blue channel flubbing. Mine flubbed with the gain at 9 o'clock no matter what my EQ settings were. I was running it through 2 EVH 2x12s too. I sold mine right away too and so did the guy I sold it to. We had a very different experience than other 50w owners apparently.

I recently picked up a Stealth half stack. It may share some circuitry lineage with the 50w, but thankfully it doesn't sound anything like my old 50w. Much better. Has gobs of gain like the 50w, but is anything but flubby. The blue actually has almost too much gain for me. I run mine really low, and back off my guitar volume if I need a little less. For me, blue would be perfect somewhere between the original 5153 and the Stealth. Never happy right? :LOL: :LOL:
yes I did. Howard Kaplan was very helpful throughout that whole deal and I eventually sold the amp. I picked up another but it was made in Mexico and didn't have any issues at all with it. I grew tired of that sound and sold that one too. There was just something 'toy-ish' in the tone and feel of the 50 watters imo. I really liked the 100w but that blue channel just didn't have 'enough' and the red was too over the top saturation for how I like to hear things. I always end up going back to my trusty old ass Quickrod

jd267":27xvzfa7 said:
Just herd it from a Freidman endorsement friend . I believe him and he showed me pics also. Can't post that here it will start a shit storm with the fan boys
A LOT more Friedman fanbois than EVH on this forum...post it or its BS. :D

These can be modded to sound phenomenal! I've got a 50 watt head and had it "stealth" modded and it smokes!

Only problem is now I've developed a nasty hum in the blue channel...lol

Racerxrated":3ds9m8gd said:
jd267":3ds9m8gd said:
A LOT more Friedman fanbois than EVH on this forum...post it or its BS. :D

Guess we got our answer.... :LOL: :LOL:

Padre Bonic":35qjj244 said:
I did the mods to my 100 watt (remove or clip one leg of r26,remove c23 and jump with a wire if not already done from the factory,and change r25 to 100k). I'm telling you this is it! Channel 2 has the 50 watt gain now but slightly more open and ballsier I'm thinking due to the 100 watt power section. Absolutely perfect now. The 50 watt was killer in rehearsals for my thrash/punk band but I wanted a 100 watt for gigging. Now there won't be a tonal/gain difference between the two because I reside mostly on channel 2.

What was the amp rating for the R25 100k resistor you used?

SFW":2cb6nwqo said:
Padre Bonic":2cb6nwqo said:

I used a 1/4 watt resistor

Padre Bonic":h4fsg04t said:
SFW":h4fsg04t said:
Padre Bonic":h4fsg04t said:

Cool. Thanks.

SFW":1uro9lic said:
Padre Bonic":1uro9lic said:
SFW":1uro9lic said:
Padre Bonic":1uro9lic said:

Cool. Thanks.
Your best bet though is to piggyback(parallel) a 220k resistor over the existing one which will bring the value to 100k. Much easier than pulling the board to get out the old one and putting in the other. This also makes it easy to put back to stock if you ever want to.

Padre Bonic":vmqq6d5p said:
SFW":vmqq6d5p said:
SFW":vmqq6d5p said:

Cool. Thanks.
Your best bet though is to piggyback(parallel) a 220k resistor over the existing one which will bring the value to 100k. Much easier than pulling the board to get out the old one and putting in the other. This also makes it easy to put back to stock if you ever want to.

we need some clips man, im really tempted to do this to my amp

Back