ADA 3TM

exo-metal":1z9n87x9 said:
FozTone":1z9n87x9 said:
I offer several mods for the ADA MP1 to suit anyone style and likings.

Last year I designed the FozTone High Voltage Transformer. Plate voltage has been stepped up from 190VDC to 240VDC and the 8-10VDC heaters are now 12.6VDC. Its about 28.6-30VA making it more than twice the power of the original and the MDRT and Mercury Magnetics Transformer.
This lowers noise, expands the headroom and clarity and adds some edge to the gain characteristics and has a tighter bass response. I designed this because I use several Three Tube Mod boards and the original transformer was not designed to handle (3) 12AX7s. I have 12 available. I am Not Affiliated with ADADEPOT.

For any questions about mods and upgrades hit me up at
MMRBIZ@yahoo.com

So Langner did it all wrong, really!??!? Dude, you're on dangerous ground here with talk like that. Todd Langner was a close friend and I had numerous amps, preamps and original MP-1's with prototype boards built by him. I was born at night but not last night. I ran his original modded MP-1's through all kinds of badass poweramps and from experience can tell you are on a bad trip thinking you can better Todd Langner, not on your best day friend.

Attachments

• thumbs-up.png
    thumbs-up.png
    41 KB · Views: 1,357
mightywarlock":3l5kgabg said:
I used to have 3 of these MP-1's.
One awesome sounding one, one so so sounding one, and then I got the 3TM...and sold the others.

However, I think I miss the better sounding original, as I always felt there was better note definition in the original than the over the top gain 3TM one I have...and mine is one of the originals, modded by Hairston.

No question though, that these things still sound amazing...

Attachments

• thumbs-up.png
    thumbs-up.png
    41 KB · Views: 1,352
srommes":2rkvoiyx said:
I owned a couple stock MP1's back in the 90's snd just could never jive with them. They always had a good overall rounded sound but didn't have any bite or attack no matter what amp I ran them through. I bought one a few years ago and had the basic 3tm installed as well as the battery mod. The 3tm is a completely different ballgame and much more than just added gain in my opinion. The thing just screams with a ton of aggression and completely changed this preamp for me. I sent mine over to MJMP in Belgium to get it modded to Ultra+ specs with the new MDRT tranny etc. I should be getting it back here soon and can't wait to hear it fully modded.

Attachments

• thumbs-up.png
    thumbs-up.png
    41 KB · Views: 1,346
Back