Any news of Cameron lately?

I never had a dog in the fight. I hope I'm wrong actually but I believe there was like 7 out of 12 people that still had a claim/issue. That was several years ago I guess. Again, hope I'm wrong and everyone is squared up.

Here was that original list.
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/the-official-unofficial-list.87236/

Same

According to the contract, the new company Cam Amps took over the debit. It doesn't matter if he paid back the new company or not, a contract was signed and the new company took on the responsibility of the debt and or repaying. If the new company dissolves I would have to think the debit obligation would be spread amongst all of the new companies owners? There was mention of a few people being made whole, so clearly it was understood that the old debt was the new companies responsibility. I'm not versed in corporate law, so maybe someone can shed some legal light on it.

Attachments

• image002.png
    image002.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 109
That "SuckerFreeGear" channel released a video last time 4 months ago and haven't heard any news from cameron elsewhere. Has he quit making amps or is he just keeping low profile due to Covid etc?

He is still modding amps. And, like him or not, his mods still sound better than 99.9% of anything high gain ever built.

According to the contract, the new company Cam Amps took over the debit. It doesn't matter if he paid back the new company or not, a contract was signed and the new company took on the responsibility of the debt and or repaying. If the new company dissolves I would have to think the debit obligation would be spread amongst all of the new companies owners? There was mention of a few people being made whole, so clearly it was understood that the old debt was the new companies responsibility. I'm not versed in corporate law, so maybe someone can shed some legal light on it.
The venture with King & Friedman was contingent on MC fulfilling his end of the deal and as far as i know that part didn't happen therefore the contract is null/void as far as debt owed for folks who got screwed.
If anyone has a great story about getting an amp or paid money that was owed from that debacle by all means lets hear a testimonial for the record.

All I can say is I’m still waiting for Mark to return a preamp of mine that was sent for mods back in 2009. He called to sell me a CCV in December of that year and I had to pass since my job was closing 1/2010. He was somewhat responding for a few years here and there and has gone ghost ever since. I wish I could say what happened, but he had promised me he would make it right and still has not to date. I sold off my Marshall’s to just move on from all of this. His current partner and I had exchanged messages years back and he is aware but it really hasn’t gotten me anywhere unfortunately.

The venture with King & Friedman was contingent on MC fulfilling his end of the deal and as far as i know that part didn't happen therefore the contract is null/void as far as debt owed for folks who got screwed.
If anyone has a great story about getting an amp or paid money that was owed from that debacle by all means lets hear a testimonial for the record.
I’m not sure that’s the way the contract was written. If you can provide some proof that would be great, otherwise it’s pure speculation. I have provided what appears to be proof of responsibility from the contract and the last sentence sums it up. CamAmps accepts full responsibility for this obligation. Again, I’m not a corporate lawyer.

i will say that I feel badly for those that didn’t get their amps. I would love to see the obligations fulfilled.

All I can say is I’m still waiting for Mark to return a preamp of mine that was sent for mods back in 2009. He called to sell me a CCV in December of that year and I had to pass since my job was closing 1/2010. He was somewhat responding for a few years here and there and has gone ghost ever since. I wish I could say what happened, but he had promised me he would make it right and still has not to date. I sold off my Marshall’s to just move on from all of this. His current partner and I had exchanged messages years back and he is aware but it really hasn’t gotten me anywhere unfortunately.
Hey. Hope all has been well. ?

If someone is looking for a great Marshall mod the Monomyth stuff is incredible. Most guys on here who have had both say the monomyth stuff is just as good as Cameron mods . Not the same because Shea has his own style but in the same leauge . AND guess what, your amp actually shows up !

I would much rather give money to someone who hasnt screwed over fellow members in the past. Especially when the situation has still not been made right. I understand people make mistakes especially when drugs are involved. With that being said the guy should have been blacklisted by all of us a long time ago. Just my 2cents , its old news but people still sending this guy money is bonkers.

If someone is looking for a great Marshall mod the Monomyth stuff is incredible. Most guys on here who have had both say the monomyth stuff is just as good as Cameron mods . Not the same because Shea has his own style but in the same leauge . AND guess what, your amp actually shows up !

I would much rather give money to someone who hasnt screwed over fellow members in the past. Especially when the situation has still not been made right. I understand people make mistakes especially when drugs are involved. With that being said the guy should have been blacklisted by all of us a long time ago. Just my 2cents , its old news but people still sending this guy money is bonkers.

i would love Hear then both side by side.
Anyone in Nashville or area with a Monomyth for an A/B?
Asking because I hear that there is a tone of people that makes and/or mod amps as good or better than Mark, but somehow those amps never appear for an A/B test every time we get together and I bring some Cameron modded amps. I’m really curious to hear those amps too.

Last edited:
i would love Hear then both side by side.
Anyone in Nashville or area with a Monomyth for an A/B?
Asking because I hear that there is a tone of people that makes and/or mod amps as good or better than Mark, but somehow those amps never appear for an A/B test every time we get together and I bring some Cameron modded amps. I’m really curious to hear those amps too.

Im in NY , otherwise I would be interested in bringing the monomyth and hearing your Cameron aswell . Nothing wrong with you liking your Cameron more than anything else you have tried. Personally I tried a couple cameron modded marshalls and a CCV many years ago at a local amp fest. It was a long time ago and I wasnt as much of an amp nut back then. I dont remember being blown away but who cares what I think.

My opinion is nothing out there that is magic. Plenty of great amps to be had and we happen to land on certain ones that get our attention most. Ive had Diezel, Friedman, Wizard, Bogner, Soldano, Fryette, Stock Marshall , Modded Marshalls etc etc. Its all fun but at the end of the day a stock Marshall with a boost or even a 5150 can hang all day long.... After the inital wow factor of having something new wears off its still just a Marshall or a Soldano , all tweaks on the same shit.

There is nothing magic out there.
But some things are better than other, and Cameron amps and mods are on the better side.
So much that so many people are copying them.
And even the ones copying Cameron stuff are also bashing him.
Go figure.

There is nothing magic out there.
But some things are better than other, and Cameron amps and mods are on the better side.
So much that so many people are copying them.
And even the ones copying Cameron stuff are also bashing him.
Go figure.
Thought you were all about Larry? Where the hell is Larry?:unsure:

Every clip that i've heard of the monomyth amps sounded like a broken vacuum cleaner.

What would this thread be without mentioning Billy Blades ?

Lol i wonder what bill is up to these days?

Thought you were all about Larry? Where the hell is Larry?:unsure:

Funny you mentioned Larry... I’ve never seen anyone who owns a Larry or a Cameron going on any “Monomyth” thread and saying “you know what, my buddy’s neighbors nephew had both, and he thinks the Larry/Cameron sound as good, if not better, than the Monomyth. You should check them out”.
On the other hand, every single Larry/Cameron thread, even if it’s not a thread related, but if someone just mention their names, someone else will pop up from out of nowhere with a “well, I don’t have a Cameron or Larry, but for what I remember(or for what someone told me, or from the YouTube videos), IMHO, and to my ears, I think you should check out The Monomyth, because everyone who don’t have a Cameron/Larry said the Monos sound as good, if not better”.
Cameron and Larry have been the best advertising tool for Monomyth here at the Rig/talk.
That proves that, even on the marketing side other people do ride on the Cameron and Larry tails.

Last edited:
Part of the hype with Cameron / Larry is that its near impossible to get one. If they were readily available, they would be just like any other amp or amp mod. Thats not to say they arent "good" sounding amps its just still subjective. And Clips are clips, there are clips of Larry amps that sound like ball sack as well.

Part of the hype with Cameron / Larry is that its near impossible to get one. If they were readily available, they would be just like any other amp or amp mod. Thats not to say they arent "good" sounding amps its just still subjective. And Clips are clips, there are clips of Larry amps that sound like ball sack as well.

Nope... they do sound better than other amps, and that’s not subjective. That’s why people want them. That’s why people pay more money for them. That’s why if you just mention their name on any thread, it’ll go on for pages and more pages. And that’s why other people ride on their tails. Even with ball sack sounding video.

Back