Any news of Cameron lately?

Part of the hype with Cameron / Larry is that its near impossible to get one. If they were readily available, they would be just like any other amp or amp mod. Thats not to say they arent "good" sounding amps its just still subjective. And Clips are clips, there are clips of Larry amps that sound like ball sack as well.
Dumbles and old fender combos are hard to get as well but i still don't want one.

One thing I’d add from my experience having had a whole bunch of Cameron and Monomyth modded Marshall’s (as well as other modders) is that some of their modded amps come out sounding way better than others and the donor amp is very important. Even someone like Cameron I think can only do so much if the donor amp is meh like most recent amps. Cameron and Monomyth have been without a doubt the 2 best modders I’ve tried and have kept one of each. I’m overall more impressed with the Cameron I’ve kept, but they’re both great and very different. The Monomyth’s tend to be super tight, attack-y and compressed like they’re already boosted, while this particular Cameron mod I kept just sounds humongous (bigger than my Wizard) and is very raw, more vintage voiced and greasy sounding. It’s not as tight, modern or Mesa-ish like the other Cameron modded amps I’ve owned or tried. I feel these are the only 2 modders I’ve tried that actually deliver a tone I can’t get with just a stock Marshall boosted. Apparently that’s not an easy thing to do and I recall even Mark himself been quoted as saying the same thing

Last edited:
According to the contract, the new company Cam Amps took over the debit. It doesn't matter if he paid back the new company or not, a contract was signed and the new company took on the responsibility of the debt and or repaying. If the new company dissolves I would have to think the debit obligation would be spread amongst all of the new companies owners? There was mention of a few people being made whole, so clearly it was understood that the old debt was the new companies responsibility. I'm not versed in corporate law, so maybe someone can shed some legal light on it.
Thanks for that.
I respect you and SBlue and a bunch of other dudes on here that own/praise/support Cameron amps and mods.
I think I will probably bow out of this thread after this post as I'm really not in a position to be speaking here.
I never knew Mark Cameron or Brad King or Dave Friedman or Metro amps or anyone else involved personally.
Again, I hope I'm wrong and everyone is whole now.
I feel like the last time this came up there were at least 3 or 4 dudes, evhfan was one I think, who chimed in who were still owed.
I see in your attachment that Mark paid Cam Amps $42,000 to release himself of his debt and that debt transfers.
I believe he also transferred his knowledge, schematics, brand name etc too right?
I'm not a contracts lawyer either.
So the 'Brad Era Camerons' from Cam Amps was to use the name recognition and schematic detail to get the train running so it could be a revenue and profit center again so that at some point the money could be reimbursed over time as profits allowed. Right?
I feel like that was a very honorable thing of Brad (and Dave F) and I know he took a lot of heat when it melted and I'm sure it took a ton of time and energy so hats off to him for trying. I won't forget this thread though where he conceded that it was the single biggest mistake of his guitar business (dealings)
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/public-apology-for-the-cameron-delays-and-situation.137500/

My question is: What about those people who sent in donor amps and never got them back?

Last edited:
Thanks for that.
I respect you and SBlue and a bunch of other dudes on here that own/praise/support Cameron amps and mods.
I think I will probably bow out of this thread after this post as I'm really not in a position to be speaking here.
I never knew Mark Cameron or Brad King or Dave Friedman or Metro amps or anyone else involved personally.
I feel like the last time this came up there were at least 3 or 4 dudes, evhfan was one I think, who chimed in who were still owed.
I see in your attachment that Mark paid Cam Amps $42,000 to release himself of his debt and that debt transfers.
I believe he also transferred his knowledge, schematics, brand name etc too right?
So the 'Brad Era Camerons' from Cam Amps was to to use the name recognition and schematic detail to get the train running so it could be a revenue and profit center again so that at some point the money could be reimbursed over time as profits allowed. Right?
I feel like that was a very honorable thing of Brad (and Dave F) and I know he took a lot of heat when it melted and I'm sure it took a ton of time and energy so hats off to him for trying. I won't forget this thread though where he conceded that it was the single biggest mistake of his guitar business (dealings)
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/public-apology-for-the-cameron-delays-and-situation.137500/

My question is: What about those people who sent in donor amps and never got them back?
I’m gonna use your fine prints here too:
“I have no dogs in this fight, I’m not trying to stir things up, and I’m not trying to offend anyone”.
I’m not a business partner of Mark, I don’t answer for his dealings with other people, and I don’t know who bought or sold anything to or from him.
I answer for my personal experience only.
And you might even blame Mark even for the CA wildfires.
What no one can deny, even if using the “subjective” excuse, is that Marks mods/amps are freaking phenomenal, and better than most everything else out there.

Thanks for that.
So the 'Brad Era Camerons' from Cam Amps was to to use the name recognition and schematic detail to get the train running so it could be a revenue and profit center again so that at some point the money could be reimbursed over time as profits allowed. Right?

I’m not taking and sides (of course I want people that are owed amps to get them), I was just relaying what I understand based on seeing a portion of the contract. I am not a lawyer and I do not speak for anyone other than myself. I don’t know what happened with the new business, why things failed and who should owe what. I only base my comments on the portion of the contract that stated that the new venture took on the previous debt...which is very common in the business world. We do know that Mark provided his intellectual capital and great sounding amps were being produced (I understand Metro was having issues building amps to spec as well ). I’d like to assume that everyone went into the project with the best intentions. Just to be clear, I am not making any assumptions on any of the individuals involved in it. I’ve purchased items from Brad without issue, spoken to Rob on many occasions without issue and many years back Friedman was willing to send me a Marsha amp to checkout out with no strings involved... not even and payment. I have no ill will or negativity against any of them.
Regarding amps that were taken and not given back, I have no idea, as I am not involved. I would hope things were made right though.
My final thought is that I’ve never had any issue with Mark in my own personal dealings. I bought a CCV directly from him in the beginning of 2010. He modded a few amps for me afterwards. I consider my CCV and Aldrich amps to be the best amplifiers I’ve ever owned. I consider Mark a friend and he has been willing to help me on many occasions. I’ve had countless great conversations about music and life. Of course he has some shortcomings, but I can’t throw stones as I have my own.

Thought you were all about Larry? Where the hell is Larry?:unsure:
9da793336b1dc82c337880fb8a5df7ee.gif

Nope... they do sound better than other amps, and that’s not subjective. That’s why people want them. That’s why people pay more money for them. That’s why if you just mention their name on any thread, it’ll go on for pages and more pages. And that’s why other people ride on their tails. Even with ball sack sounding video.
d1ya0.jpg

By your logic out of 8 Billion people on the planet scameron maps are [your figure] 99.9% da bAst. Blanket statements in general are utter fail.
Don't worry tho you wouldn't be the first guy on a forum to let his ass overload his mouth.
Anyone who has no objectivity/subjectivity is not & cannot dictate to the rest of the planet as an authority.

d1ya0.jpg

By your logic out of 8 Billion people on the planet scameron maps are [your figure] 99.9% da bAst. Blanket statements in general are utter fail.
Don't worry tho you wouldn't be the first guy on a forum to let his ass overload his mouth.
Anyone who has no objectivity/subjectivity is not & cannot dictate to the rest of the planet as an authority.
You talk too much, and only back up your talk by trying to be funny.
Show me better sounding amps. Better yet, bring them in so you can prove what you’re saying.

Show me better sounding amps. Better yet, bring them in so you can prove what you’re saying.
Sorry man ive held myself back for 2 days with your comments but now im calling bullshit.
I admire your passion for all things amps as we all like what we like but there is no factual basis for your delusional math.

What is "better?" Do you mean "better for the tone that you are going for? You love throwing out broad, sweeping statments.

Gorilla-TC-35-Tube-Cruncher-Guitar-Amplifier-Vintage-Amp.jpg

If someone is convinced k-ameroon amps are 99.9% better than anything made i would suggest playing ALOT more amps.
I don't need the best amp ever made, just one really good amp.
Fortunately i have many like that.

It’s of course true that this stuff is all subjective. You can’t objectively say a Cameron sounds better than another amp nor can you factually say the food at a $300 per person restaurant like Per Se in NYC tastes better than a much cheaper generic restaurant, but in both cases the market speaks for itself and you just gotta try both to see for yourself to see if you agree or not. From my experience, my opinion usually is in line with the market, but here and there are some exceptions of things that I feel are overrated/overpriced (like the Soldano SLO, and Fortin’s (way overrated imo)) and some stuff that I feel is way underrated/underpriced like an Ampeg Gemini II (one of the best clean amps imo), Sovtek MIG or a good old 2203 boosted. It’s all subjective of course, but those I know with similar amp experience to me tend to agree. Just my 2 cents

I personally enjoy my ‘79 JMP2203 with my Klon boosting it as much or better than any modded Marshall I’ve tried, but it’s a pretty different flavor than having a Cameron or Monomyth mod. I’d probably even argue that Cameron’s stuff is overrated to a degree, but so far have had 2 of his amps that I’ve kept for just being great and couldn’t get any other amps of mine to match them. Whether they’re worth the price and hype or not depends on one’s needs and taste

Last edited:
I’m not taking and sides (of course I want people that are owed amps to get them), I was just relaying what I understand based on seeing a portion of the contract. I am not a lawyer and I do not speak for anyone other than myself. I don’t know what happened with the new business, why things failed and who should owe what. I only base my comments on the portion of the contract that stated that the new venture took on the previous debt...which is very common in the business world. We do know that Mark provided his intellectual capital and great sounding amps were being produced (I understand Metro was having issues building amps to spec as well ). I’d like to assume that everyone went into the project with the best intentions. Just to be clear, I am not making any assumptions on any of the individuals involved in it. I’ve purchased items from Brad without issue, spoken to Rob on many occasions without issue and many years back Friedman was willing to send me a Marsha amp to checkout out with no strings involved... not even and payment. I have no ill will or negativity against any of them.
Regarding amps that were taken and not given back, I have no idea, as I am not involved. I would hope things were made right though.
My final thought is that I’ve never had any issue with Mark in my own personal dealings. I bought a CCV directly from him in the beginning of 2010. He modded a few amps for me afterwards. I consider my CCV and Aldrich amps to be the best amplifiers I’ve ever owned. I consider Mark a friend and he has been willing to help me on many occasions. I’ve had countless great conversations about music and life. Of course he has some shortcomings, but I can’t throw stones as I have my own.
Yep :)

And in reading that snippit from that contract I can add this. I'm not a contracts lawyer but I do create contracts and bill for services for a living and I can tell whomever wrote that clause #12 'may' not know what they are doing. Just sayin'

Last edited:
People can deny that. And it is very subjective.
Sorry man ive held myself back for 2 days with your comments but now im calling bullshit.
I admire your passion for all things amps as we all like what we like but there is no factual basis for your delusional math.
I’ve also noticed that you might have a personal grudge with things Cameron, since all you’ve done here in this thread was bash him and others who like his amps.
And if you don’t have one to prove your point, then you’re talking about something you don’t know. And still argue and say I’m the wrong one.
ok....

People can deny that. And it is very subjective.
When you deny with having experienced what you’re talking about, you’re making a point. When you deny something you don’t know or have no experience with it, then you’re just showing you’re a bullshitter.
That could be very subjective too.

Yep :)

And in reading that snippit from that contract I can add this. I'm not a contracts lawyer but I do create contracts and bill for services for a living and I can tell who whomever wrote that clause #12 'may' not know what they are doing. Just sayin'
I can guarantee you $42,000 didn't come out of MC wallet. He may have signed over royalties to that effect.
Also Mr. C himself said the schematics he used during the Brad thing weren't the real thing anyway [so he sez] which in its self is dishonest at best & would void any contract. And would not be hard to validate. Hard to take dishonest peeps at their word in my experience so i don't.
One things for sure, all parties involved never bothered collaborating again and im sure there are valid reasons why.
Maybe thats why some people live their life in a cave looking over their shoulder.

Back