Any news of Cameron lately?

What is "better?" Do you mean "better for the tone that you are going for? You love throwing out broad, sweeping statments.
Let’s bring a few amps together and get a lot of people trying them out and let them decide what’s subjective or not, what’s broad sweeping statements or not.
People can talk as much as they want online and say whatever they want, it’s a free world we live in, and here is not different, but if you want to convince me I’m wrong, stop talking behind a screen and bring me a better sounding amp.

Let’s bring a few amps together and get a lot of people trying them out and let them decide what’s subjective or not, what’s broad sweeping statements or not.
People can talk as much as they want online and say whatever they want, it’s a free world we live in, and here is not different, but if you want to convince me I’m wrong, stop talking behind a screen and bring me a better sounding amp.
The price of Freedom is never free and everything cost money including the internet.
You sound like a 16 yr old.

That guy chasing that $42,000 Dumble 'bloom' tone is not the same person chasing that $499 solid state Dimebag tone so it is definitely subjective.
Now throwing a 42,000 Dumble on a Cameron thread... that IS a very broad, sweeping statement.
But I agree, if you just mention Cameron, Larry or Dumble, some people get so mad and angry they might rip their own butthole with they bare hands.
And that’s not even a bit subjective.

Now throwing a 42,000 Dumble on a Cameron thread... that IS a very broad, sweeping statement.
But I agree, if you just mention Cameron, Larry or Dumble, some people get so mad and angry they might rip their own butthole with they bare hands.
And that’s not even a bit subjective.
Last time i checked a Dumble was going for about $100K.

The price of Freedom is never free and everything cost money including the internet.
You sound like a 16 yr old.
You really think you sound adult and mature? You said nothing but insult and attacks to Mark here in this thread.
Really, do you think you’re that smart and mature? And you left no room for subjectivity here

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

The smallest good deed is better than the "grandest intension"

I'm starting to get your personality on here and I agree! It has made me think twice about potentially dropping $ on any future products when he still owes people serious money and amps. It is nice to say life got in the way but what have you done to mend the reputation and relationships? How do you simply erase thousands of $ and gear taken from people that was never returned. I think we give him too much of a pass because of the folklore. There are enough people with god ears now. I know he has some friends on this forum and he might well be a good guy but that doesn't give him a pass on the past. If he has come through after all these years then good on the guy. I'd like to hear more about that.

kent-steine-christmas-pin-up-work.jpg

Ive come full circle and going to wish everyone a Merry xmas and move on.
I don't begrudge anyone amp builders or not.
Life is short, enjoy it.
Be kind to one another, that why were on the planet.
May you all be blessed beyond your fondest dreams and then blessed more.
Peace Hombre's.

When you deny with having experienced what you’re talking about, you’re making a point. When you deny something you don’t know or have no experience with it, then you’re just showing you’re a bullshitter.
That could be very subjective too.
Then I could say subjectively, of the numerous Cameron amps I have played over the years, a couple were really amazing sounding. A few were good/great and the same number...average to unspectacular at best. You believe "his amps are the best". Someone bringing you an amp in some hypothetical MMA style amp shootout probably won't change your mind. But for you to insinuate that everyone should accept they are the best, not question it, and move on..is ridiculous. Also, you seem to ignore the issues he has had in the past and still not made right, as if people are just "attacking him". No sacred cows.

Then I could say subjectively, of the numerous Cameron amps I have played over the years, a couple were really amazing sounding. A few were good/great and the same number...average to unspectacular at best. You believe "his amps are the best". Someone bringing you an amp in some hypothetical MMA style amp shootout probably won't change your mind. But for you to insinuate that everyone should accept they are the best, not question it, and move on..is ridiculous. Also, you seem to ignore the issues he has had in the past and still not made right, as if people are just "attacking him". No sacred cows.
You’re wrong. Because unlike you a others who just want to bash Mark, if you show me an amp that sound better than mine, I will sell mine and buy one like yours. I do not have a pet amp, or think material things are like people think of politics, sports or religion, where, as short and stinky your side is, you will still see cleanliness and smell flowers.
Someone must be really stupid if they see and hear something better and still cry about it Just to prove a point.
I wasn’t born liking Marks or Larry’s amps. But other users proved me they were better and I was going to like them better than most everything else. And they were right, and they’ve changed my mind.
Do the same, and if you’re right, I’ll gladly sell what I have and buy what you’ll prove it’s a better option for me.
And I’ve done that multiple times, but you have to prove I’m wrong. Don’t just say your taste is better and I should believe you because Mark did wrong to other people or because you’re buddies are from the “We hate Mark’s” club.
Now, please tell me how is his dealing with other people affect the tone, playability or reliability of the amps he modded for me?
See... you’re the one biased, and at a fair shootout, you would judge his mods tone by his past dealings.
You will not going to convince me that way.

Last edited:
These threads always end up this way .... You're waisting your time guys. Some people just can't be subjective and think what they have is the "best"... Sure maybe its the best for them but its still no different than saying "The Soldano SLO is the best guitar amplifier ever made". Most of us adults can accept the fact that is a silly statement without getting butthurt. Others will throw a hissy fit and get their panties in a bunch. Im gonna guess there will be some hateful response to this , so Im gonna see if I can refrain from responding cause its not worth it.

I've never played a Cameron amp but I've played a lot, I mean a lot of Marshall, Fender and Boogie amps. Some beyond awesome, Boogie C+, Marshall JMP JCM SLP, Fender Twin Super Champ, along with some others that were cool. Not all were equal, TSL100, Nomad, red knob. Those who recognize those models know what I mean.

Well-known fact; If a tube amp has old power tubes or lame preamp tubes, it'll sound bad no matter what the logo says.

*Any Dumble I've ever heard sounds like crap to my ears, worst amp ever IMO, what do I know?

Last edited:
These threads always end up this way .... You're waisting your time guys. Some people just can't be subjective and think what they have is the "best"... Sure maybe its the best for them but its still no different than saying "The Soldano SLO is the best guitar amplifier ever made". Most of us adults can accept the fact that is a silly statement without getting butthurt. Others will throw a hissy fit and get their panties in a bunch. Im gonna guess there will be some hateful response to this , so Im gonna see if I can refrain from responding cause its not worth it.

whoa, whoa, whoa...the SLO IS the best amplifier ever made!

lol

simple truth is anyone that is claiming that someone can’t refute the premise that Cameron amps are the ‘best’ unless they have played them is being idiotic.

you don’t need to play every amp in the world to accept the premise that some people like some things out of their amps and other people like other things out of their amps.

by definition, there can’t be an unambiguous ‘best’.

Back