Cable Bags?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BeZo
  • Start date Start date

How do you bring cables to a gig?

  • Dedicated cable bag

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • In the guitar case

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the back of an amp

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Pedalboard case

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • In your pants

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain below)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Milk carton

    Votes: 2 14.3%

  • Total voters
    14
I keep personal junk in canvas toolbags, but as a band we carry a rubbermaid tote with xlrs and power cables. After 12 years, I'm still the only one that can/will correctly coil a cable though and it drives me fucking nuts.
 
Those D'addario bags are pricey, but I get it. I don't think I want something that specific if I go the cable bag route. My old band had a gym bag full of spare cables. I might go to Harbor Freight and look at tool bags.
 
i'm an "other" in the voting as it depends on the rig. if it's a real amp, i've got a dedicated shure bag for cables, snake, tools, pick bag (an old crown royal bag that has picks, slides, capo, and fast fret).

If it's my direct rig, i throw my cables in the pedalboard case and\or guitar case(s).
 
i'm an "other" in the voting as it depends on the rig. if it's a real amp, i've got a dedicated shure bag for cables, snake, tools, pick bag (an old crown royal bag that has picks, slides, capo, and fast fret).

If it's my direct rig, i throw my cables in the pedalboard case and\or guitar case(s).
I forgot to mention in the OP that you can vote for multiple.

I keep my snakes, power and speaker cables in the cases for my amps, and my instrument, mic, and spare cables in my pedalboard case.
 
Duffle bag for the Kemper and all cables. Also holds the Zoom R24 I use for recording gigs. The only bummer is that I use a FCB 1010 foot pedal, and it's slightly too big for the bag, so it has to go in its own padded case.
 
It just makes more sense to use milk crates and bags...... Amp is fine too.


This way when you go out your not carrying extra shit if it's in the amp.
 
If you just have one or two this ain't bad.......


1000001184.jpg
1000001183.jpg
 
last time I gigged I was still using a rack, and wireless....everything was packed into the rack including spare cables and other odds and ends. Each guitar case had 2 sets of strings, guitar strap and an instrument cable just in case. I kept a heavy-duty outdoor electric extension cord, 25' to 30' IIRC, in my car, it came in handy a few times.

Today, I'd probably put cables and other odds and ends in a backpack
 
Back
Top