Can we see some mancaves?

Goat":2s008l7b said:
JimAnsell":2s008l7b said:
Mine is humble, but fits my needs.

The Gear
You chose... wisely. :thumbsup:

thanks! pedals are dd-3, ge-7 (-3db on the 400 hz, otherwise flat), tu-2, peavey cmc-1. the wah is an fja modded 70's crybaby that is chewy as fuck.
technically the mini strat belongs to the kids, but i set it up, soup'ed up the electronics, and of course, play it more than them.

1bh2VZD.jpg

Marshall Freak":23dn73bk said:
I miss my old basement!!! Lol. Got divorced, and moved into my grandparents house after we bought the farm after their deaths. Just small rooms and no great place to play.. I need to make some changes. Lol. Some damn nice gear in the pics. :rock:

3BGg536.jpg
Nice!!
:thumbsup:

JimAnsell":3v05c8y6 said:
what the hell do some of ya'll do for a living, so i can switch careers while i still have gas in the tank.
I would wager there's quite a bit of credit card debt in this thread.

acidvoodoo":jbvf11wa said:
JimAnsell":jbvf11wa said:
what the hell do some of ya'll do for a living, so i can switch careers while i still have gas in the tank.
I would wager there's quite a bit of credit card debt in this thread.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm glad i don't have a Mancave.

Monkey Man":39ukwy0f said:
Some of your rooms are so far beyond my pay grade it's not funny.

Amazing, guys. I bow to you! :worship:
Money can't buy talent. Per my experince, most gear hoarders suck as players. Two-note 'chugga-chugga' power chords, false harmonics every other note, and the trusty ol' dive-bomb... :doh:

Goat":e8h5ob8i said:
Monkey Man":e8h5ob8i said:

Money can't buy talent. Per my experince, most gear hoarders suck as players. Two-note 'chugga-chugga' power chords, false harmonics every other note, and the trusty ol' dive-bomb... :doh:

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

:LOL: :LOL:

Goat":2aq6ag0h said:
Monkey Man":2aq6ag0h said:

Who fuckin' cares....I don't. Have a positive attitude about it. I have no desire to run down people just because they have some gear I don't, nor do I get bent out of shape that someone has something I don't. More power to em', buy that shit! If folks can or can't play and they buy gear, it benefits the people that can either way when they're buying gear that supports our industry. It's not like it's the biggest industry any more. If some rich guy wants to buy 20 Friedmans...great! Supports Dave so he can stay in business...then I get proper support to the gear I have from him and other small builders. I'm happy for them, hope it inspires them to play and if not, it supports the guys that I really like. Good vibes man :thumbsup:

Goat":1e57y1mr said:
Monkey Man":1e57y1mr said:

In my experience was: more I bought gear, less I played and being happy.
I was always looking for a new gear instead to enjoy what I had.
Now I have 3 guitars, one amp and 4 cabs and very happy with.
The same with guns and cars.

turtlefingers":3fml1pql said:
Goat":3fml1pql said:
Monkey Man":3fml1pql said:

In my experience was: more I bought gear, less I played and being happy.
I was always looking for a new gear instead to enjoy what I had.
Now I have 3 guitars, one amp and 4 cabs and very happy with.
The same with guns and cars.
My experience is the same. How it happened, I don't even know? I began buying a amps, guitars, pedals... I'm now down to three LP's and one Strat. I purchased an extra R7 as a backup to my #1 R7. I also have a 2000 Deluxe goldtop, but I hate the 60's neck. I may sell it in favor of a 50's Standard w/P90's. The 50's Standard neck isn't as large as I like, but it's better than a 60's neck. I have three combo amps, one 4x12 cabinet, and a small collection of pedals. My fondest memories are the days of owning one LP Custom, Marshall SL100 + 412, and my trusty RAT pedal. Why owning excess gear impeded my desire to play, I do not know? My friend Mark is the same way. He's up to thirty guitars, eight amplifiers, pedals, and rarely plays since he began collecting. I keep my #1 R7 + Strat out to play, the other two in the closet. I keep my Marshall 2554 covered, as I usually play through my Ampeg and/or VOX.

Back