Dave Mustaine contracted Lyme disease

Not good. Those little bastards carry some nasty stuff that is hard to get rid of. I live in the woods and deal with them all the time. I have been bitten twice and my son once in the past year alone, but we have been lucky and haven't gotten sick. We don't screw around with getting tested though and you gotta know the right doctors to go to, which unfortunately are few and far between.

Anyway, best of luck to him...I hope he gets the right diagnosis and care. Saw them about a month ago and it was a great show.

A friend of mine's wife's Lyme Disease was misdiagnosed and within six months her joints were destroyed, she finally found a doctor to correctly diagnose and start the correct treatments but she had to have two full knee replacement surgeries. It's not a condition you want to delay treatment... I hope he is getting good advice... he obviously had the symptoms enough to get to this initial diagnosis which he is questioning now.

BrokenFusion":1zyqueyv said:
Not that big of a deal. Nothing a few weeks of antibiotics can't fix.

Depends on how long you've had it. A 30-day course of Doxycycline is the stock treatment if you develop the diagnostic rash but 25% of people never develop it and don't know they have it for months or years.

BrokenFusion":1i5174ml said:

Like others are alluding to...depends on the circumstances. Untreated for too long and you become chronic with that shit or suffer from irreversible damage.

Marykelly":14jfybis said:
BrokenFusion":14jfybis said:

Depends on how long you've had it. A 30-day course of Doxycycline is the stock treatment if you develop the diagnostic rash but 25% of people never develop it and don't know they have it for months or years.

You guys are way ahead of us in Canada... they still haven't really recognized it or ways to treat it and you have to know what it is and push to get the treatment you want if you get bit. Personally, if i get bit and it has been more than 24hrs, I am jumping in a car and headed across the border to get me a 30 day anti biotic treatment. Nasty little bastards they are, such a punch they pack when they carry Lyme. Maybe Dave Mustaine should talk to Avrile Lavigne and see how she is feeling?

I came down with a weird illness years ago when I came back from a foreign country. Blood test showed positive marker for Lyme. But I didn't believe it. Dr. said it was Lyme. But the test only showed 1 of the 3 markers for it. It's been about 8 years and no sign of Lyme as far as I can tell.

I didn't catch it early and became so ill I thought I would die. After 3 years of therapy I'm still not cured but the heart issues and the paralysis in the my legs have gone away while other symptoms persist. It can destroy your health, career and your life.
I wish him good luck with this nightmare. And inner strength. I hope I'll prevail.

The problem with Lyme is that is strongly resembles the early arc of HIV/AIDS in the 80s where there are many symptoms that look like other illnesses. Of course you don't have the rapid immune shutdown but it can be a very debilitating disease. People that say they don't believe their doctors when they give a diagnosis backed by a blood test are nuts.

-(#1)-Good!!!...dave's a fuckin asshole-
-(#2)-only one tick carries LYME DISEASE in the USA,... the DEER TICK-(black legged tick)-
-(#3)-ive had dozens on ticks on me sucking blood-(no, the fire or ref hot object trick dosent work)-you usually dont know you have one on yeah until its engorged with blood and/or move your fingers over one or your gf see,s it and runs away screaming like your a leper---(what did the leper say to the prostitute)=(keep the tip)-------(99% of the time if, THATS IF ITS A DEER TICK...& if its transmitting LYME DISEASE,.. the tell tale sign is the -(BULLSEYE RASH)- youll know it when you see it. Its plenty big enoiugh. Then get treated asap, -( TIME IS KEY, a friend showed me his back and as big as a dinner plate was the BULLSEYE RASH,... I said "dude thats a DEER TICK BITE!!!... GO TO YOUR DICTOR!!)-he said he already did, he foolisly thought the samething as me,.. "EEEEEK!!!,.. DEER TICK BITE!!!,... LYME DISEASE!!!..." )-his PCP was treating him for arthritis & the flu & had an HIV TEST!!-(6-months latter goes to the ER for cutting his hand,.. ER DOCTOR SAYS "DUDE,.. BULLSEYE RASH CAUSED BY THE DEER TICK,... GOT LYME DISEASE?)-diagnosed with LYME disease too late. now has it for life. Chronic fatigue. Flu like of symptoms. I cant tell that he's any difference. He says most of the time he cant either...
-(#4)-(The deer population)-(due to hunting restrictions)- in NEW ENGLAND is as high as has been recorded)-
-(#5)-(more deer = more deer ticks)-
-(#6)-(more DEER/DEER TICKS = MORE LYME DISEASE)-

-(#7)-DAVE MUSTAINE---(on Direct TV)--- "WE"-(the rock stars & guitar gods)- dont have DRUG PROBLEMS-,... because theres always someone that will give you some,... go get you some,... you know,.. whatever... The only time you have a problem,..... Is when you cant get them,... "now THATS!!! a DRUG PROBLEM!!!!)- but only for the peasants.....

Marykelly":2f87au9u said:
The problem with Lyme is that is strongly resembles the early arc of HIV/AIDS in the 80s where there are many symptoms that look like other illnesses. Of course you don't have the rapid immune shutdown but it can be a very debilitating disease. People that say they don't believe their doctors when they give a diagnosis backed by a blood test are nuts.

Unless of course the doctor interprets the lab work incorrectly. Or the lab fails to do the recommended and accepted tests and issues a false positive. Which is what happened in my case. Diagnosis of Lyme is typically done with two tests. And a positive result needs to tick off multiple boxes, not just one. So when an ER doctor sees some lab work that says "positive", they might not know what they're looking at. Especially if they've never seen a case of Lyme come through their office.

Single biggest asshole douchebag rockstar I have ever met in person. Good riddance, I feel bad for the tick.

Back