Mustaine’s original Jackson is selling…but who’s buying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thegame
  • Start date Start date
the Warrior is even more comfortable for classical sitting position IMO; they just don't offer many models with colors/features I like; I have two X series warriros, and 3 x-series Rhoads FWIW. The Rhoads get Duncan Blackouts while the Warrirors get Jackson branded pickups in the X series and are about the same price, for example.
Throw a roxy in one of those things. Best pickup I have ever used
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
Big time agree

There are a handful of exceptions like "les paul" and a few other signatures

But in general it's cringe as fuck

How can you expect everyone around you to take you seriously as an artist, if you can't take yourself seriously enough to do your own thing?
I even hated the Dave Mustaine sig on the King V that I bought in 1993, but it was so wicked I bought it anyway.
I thought of putting black tape over the sig, but figured that was even gayer than the actual sig so I didn’t. 😂
 
I even hated the Dave Mustaine sig on the King V that I bought in 1993, but it was so wicked I bought it anyway.
I thought of putting black tape over the sig, but figured that was even gayer than the actual sig so I didn’t. 😂

I totally understand getting a signature model cuz you like the specs and you can't get them anywhere etc

But it's soooo cringey when you watch a band and the guitarist has a tape striped superstrat, or whatever obviously signature guitar player thing

It's just like god damn bro get your own identity
 
It's going back a few years, so my memory might not be super reliable, but from back in the JCF days, I seem to remember that a guy in Europe (Finland maybe) owned this guitar and a number of other collectable Jacksons including Chris Holmes's zebra/lion Rhoads.

Either way, the Megadeth logo King V was definitely one of the most notable artist guitars from back in the day. I would love to own it, plus Kerry King's ESP V, and Hanneman's Punk sticker soloist.
 
I totally understand getting a signature model cuz you like the specs and you can't get them anywhere etc

But it's soooo cringey when you watch a band and the guitarist has a tape striped superstrat, or whatever obviously signature guitar player thing

It's just like god damn bro get your own identity

If I were famous, I wouldn't be likely to play either sigs or obvious tributes to other famous guitarists on stage much, especially while they were still alive. :dunno: The EVH red/black/white Strat is basically sacred for example, I'm not worthy to play it on stage. That's Ed's guitar.

But as a mere serious hobbyist and fan, I love good sig guitars. FIRST because they have design features I want, but I need to like the artist also, or I couldn't even bring one to a jam......
 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
The only celebrity guitars that'd mean anything to me from a fandom perspective would be:

Jimmy Page's #1 LP from Song Remains the Same
Hetfield's white ESP middle finger inlay Explorer (Justice era)
Hanneman's black Les Paul & Kerry King's Red BC Rich mockingbird from the Show No Mercy Era
Randy Rhoad's Black/Gold Jackson. Love Randy but I'd pass on the polkadots lol
 
For me its Schenker's black and white V and Lynch's yellow tiger
 
Careful what you wish for DT62IOPLPEFTTIPOG++ (Dan Travis 62 I Only Play Les Pauls Except For The Times I Play Other Guitars ++)

Yeah good point Gary I totally play like les Paul

Lol retard
 
If I played a Les Paul recording and every song I recorded was "how high the moon" duets you might have a point

But les pauls, strats and teles have almost been around 100 years
 
Big time agree

There are a handful of exceptions like "les paul" and a few other signatures

But in general it's cringe as fuck

How can you expect everyone around you to take you seriously as an artist, if you can't take yourself seriously enough to do your own thing?
I agree with the sentiment to an extent but also feel like there are a ton of “signature” guitars where it’s basically just a different finish option/ specs. I own like 5 “signature” 7 strings and it doesn’t bother me or make me feel any less original than if I just bought a standard one
 
I agree with the sentiment to an extent but also feel like there are a ton of “signature” guitars where it’s basically just a different finish option/ specs. I own like 5 “signature” 7 strings and it doesn’t bother me or make me feel any less original than if I just bought a standard one

Yeah, everyone knows there are signatures that aren't really signatures as much as specific specs

I thought everyone was smart enough to make that distinction
 
Clearly they meant to list the price in Danish krone and accidently put usd.

Now its a steal at 33k. Watch someone become a god.
 
wish I could have found one when I was looking for one; my only option at the time was MIK Schuldiner sig which is not bad at all with the X2N; but EMG 81/85 and floating trem would be more useful.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top