EVH vs PRS vs Marshall mini heads.... Cage Match

* velcro-fly *

These guys have some great demos and this is no exception.... little fire breathers for sure. Lots going on with the newer breed of small format heads

I haven't paid much attention to this segment of the amp market, so I have not heard any of these amps in person. But....
The MT-15 sounds really good here.
The Marshall surprised me, as I expected it to sound like crap, but it sounds pretty decent in this video.
The evh was meh at best to my ears.
I may have to look locally and see if I can find an MT15 to try out. Pretty impressive, at least in this video.

I owned the mt15 briefly and while it did sound good, it was noisy and a lot of them are known to hum with 6l6s which was annoying. Also the master volume had a truly terrible taper, 0-very loud in a hair turn, add to that it’s probably the loudest and most powerful mini head out, it just didn’t make sense.

I owned the mt15 briefly and while it did sound good, it was noisy and a lot of them are known to hum with 6l6s which was annoying. Also the master volume had a truly terrible taper, 0-very loud in a hair turn, add to that it’s probably the loudest and most powerful mini head out, it just didn’t make sense.
I haven't been in the same room with one but have heard the same re the MT15. Thing to remember and that dude stresses here is the bang for the buck...

Back