Final FORTIN MESHUGGAH Preorder

VC4EverAgain":3gfrrl3f said:
pstar":3gfrrl3f said:
napalmdeath":3gfrrl3f said:
VC4EverAgain":3gfrrl3f said:
LOL. So Mike Fortin is suppose to only be the one building his amps. Yes one amp at a time. I wonder how long that run would have taken him do?

What’s funny is that people actually thought that he was doing this with the 100 amp run. Seriously?

People will never be satisfied.

You people want one man amp shows and expect to have amps in a timely manner. Get real. Fortin Amps expanded production plain and simple to satisfy the masses. The amp sounds awesome and you people are acting like it’s just some shitty kit they built.

I think you missed the point from the get-go. It's the fact that it's been hush-hush, and mis-leading on some levels. Of course, nobody expects him to churn out 100 amps by himself. Get the sand out of your fanboy vagina, and read first. Start with your "fake news" claim that's obviously not.

:rock:

first 5 built by mike fortin and the first run. 2nd and 3rd runs built by third party - metro amp kits . The 3 runs were 50 amps each. HE BUILT THE FIRST RUN ( no problem). But why not the second and third runs ? For whatever the reasons are (lackey) ? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC FOR CUSTOMERS / BUYERS TO KNOW THAT MIKE FORTIN IS SUBING OUT THE BUILDS TO A THIRD PARTY AND NAME THAT PARTY. WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT ! NO DISCLOSURE ON THE OFFICIAL WEBPAGE OR ONLINE ORDER FORM WHEN ORDERING.

Vc4EverAgain, long time no see, What amps u got now ?

Any snow there today ? how about tonite any snow ?

Hey man I hear you. When that last run came out I was about to buy one, but I emailed Mike to ask specific questions like can I pay in Canadian dollars and where was the amp shipping from. Once he told me it was USD only and shipping from USA I couldn’t do it.

As far as not disclosing it publicly I hear you on that too. But I kinda figured there’s no way he would be building all those amps by himself anyway.

Yes it’s a light dusting of snow day lol. As far as amps I gots many in the stable sir including an original NATAS :rock:

natas come from ?

pstar":72lobnml said:
VC4EverAgain":72lobnml said:
pstar":72lobnml said:
napalmdeath":72lobnml said:
VC4EverAgain":72lobnml said:
LOL. So Mike Fortin is suppose to only be the one building his amps. Yes one amp at a time. I wonder how long that run would have taken him do?

What’s funny is that people actually thought that he was doing this with the 100 amp run. Seriously?

You people want one man amp shows and expect to have amps in a timely manner. Get real. Fortin Amps expanded production plain and simple to satisfy the masses. The amp sounds awesome and you people are acting like it’s just some shitty kit they built.

I think you missed the point from the get-go. It's the fact that it's been hush-hush, and mis-leading on some levels. Of course, nobody expects him to churn out 100 amps by himself. Get the sand out of your fanboy vagina, and read first. Start with your "fake news" claim that's obviously not.

first 5 built by mike fortin and the first run. 2nd and 3rd runs built by third party - metro amp kits . The 3 runs were 50 amps each. HE BUILT THE FIRST RUN ( no problem). But why not the second and third runs ? For whatever the reasons are (lackey) ? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC FOR CUSTOMERS / BUYERS TO KNOW THAT MIKE FORTIN IS SUBING OUT THE BUILDS TO A THIRD PARTY AND NAME THAT PARTY. WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT ! NO DISCLOSURE ON THE OFFICIAL WEBPAGE OR ONLINE ORDER FORM WHEN ORDERING.

Hey man I hear you. When that last run came out I was about to buy one, but I emailed Mike to ask specific questions like can I pay in Canadian dollars and where was the amp shipping from. Once he told me it was USD only and shipping from USA I couldn’t do it.

As far as not disclosing it publicly I hear you on that too. But I kinda figured there’s no way he would be building all those amps by himself anyway.

Yes it’s a light dusting of snow day lol. As far as amps I gots many in the stable sir including an original NATAS :rock:

natas come from ?

?

First off, tuning.of an amp.ala Cameron is more important
because of the inconsistency of the donor amps. Marshall was notorious for changing filtering, supplier, iron, caps, etc...

In the case of the Fortin, if all of the parts are going to be the same and/or from the same lots, the tweaking/tuning is highly unnecessary. Also the circuit is pretty vanilla and quite honestly not even a Fortin design.

VC4EverAgain":3rp0ssqc said:
pstar":3rp0ssqc said:
pstar":3rp0ssqc said:
napalmdeath":3rp0ssqc said:

natas come from ?

?
where did u get the natas from ?

pstar":1or37zbu said:
VC4EverAgain":1or37zbu said:
napalmdeath":1or37zbu said:

natas come from ?

?
where did u get the natas from ?

Ahh. Got it from Steve maybe three years back.

Racerxrated":2qsblwap said:
But, I'll ask this question...does Friedman tune each amp? Probably not. Yet people spend as much for a PCB Friedman?

Doesn't Dave Friedman test and sign each chassis?

scottosan":98i6g1sy said:
Also the circuit is pretty vanilla and quite honestly not even a Fortin design.

Didn't Cameron originally pioneer this mod? JCM800 with a "Jose" mod has been around for a long time. Maybe 30 years?
I think a bunch of Jose's unfinished amps were put in Cameron's lap after Jose passed away.
And Mark finished building them with his own innovations.
I've heard Cameron even gave (and still gives) advice to many builders who are now out building their own amps.

I have no personal problem with outsourcing. It's a smart biz decision. But tell the customer. Be transparent.

I bought a Meshuggah amp. Nobody told me it was outsourced. I figured it out when it shipped from Holly, MI.
I asked Fortin about it and he confirmed. This is after the amp had already shipped.
But ok, whatever. I figured I’d give the amp a chance.

My Meshuggah amp didn't work right.
Long story short: Fortin paid for return shipping, checked it out, and gave me a refund.
Ok fine, no harm no foul.

4:
100 amps might take a little over a year to build with another person to help split the load.
But that's with little downtime. It'd be torture and I'd go mad. But for $333,000 in revenue, I'd do it.
Lots of people work harder in a year for way less.

napalmdeath":cyk3sssh said:
Metlupass2":cyk3sssh said:
Racerxrated":cyk3sssh said:
But, I'll ask this question...does Friedman tune each amp? Probably not. Yet people spend as much for a PCB Friedman?

Doesn't Dave Friedman test and sign each chassis?

I believe he does.
But, he doesn't build the amp and tweak when needed. The PCBs are populated elsewhere and then sent to Friedman, who has others finish the build. That was my understanding, and when it came out some people freaked.
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, his amps sound great and are consistent in tone. But Mike F is sending his work to be completed in near the same manner, and aren't PCB from what I've heard. PTP turret board. I just don't think there's much difference in the Friedman model vs Fortin's model...seem to be about the same.
But I still think it should have been advertised as being built by Metro.

FourT6and2":37ak04l5 said:
scottosan":37ak04l5 said:
Also the circuit is pretty vanilla and quite honestly not even a Fortin design.

Didn't Cameron originally pioneer this mod? JCM800 with a "Jose" mod has been around for a long time. Maybe 30 years?
I think a bunch of Jose's unfinished amps were put in Cameron's lap after Jose passed away.
And Mark finished building them with his own innovations.
I've heard Cameron even gave (and still gives) advice to many builders who are now out building their own amps.

I have no personal problem with outsourcing. It's a smart biz decision. But tell the customer. Be transparent.

I bought a Meshuggah amp. Nobody told me it was outsourced. I figured it out when it shipped from Holly, MI.
I asked Fortin about it and he confirmed. This is after the amp had already shipped.
But ok, whatever. I figured I’d give the amp a chance.

My Meshuggah amp didn't work right.
Long story short: Fortin paid for return shipping, checked it out, and gave me a refund.
Ok fine, no harm no foul.

4:
100 amps might take a little over a year to build with another person to help split the load.
But that's with little downtime. It'd be torture and I'd go mad. But for $333,000 in revenue, I'd do it.
Lots of people work harder in a year for way less.

Wow. I guess those solder by number amp kits are harder to assemble than they look... sad. Disclosure. I guess some people never heard of it.

I wonder where his pedals are made... Taiwan? :confused:

Quality control hiccups do happen—they can't all be perfect. Fortin handled it to my satisfaction.
I do wish I could actually play one of these that sounds like all the clips though. Mine definitely did not.

FourT6and2":2t4m0ap0 said:
Quality control hiccups do happen—they can't all be perfect. Fortin handled it to my satisfaction.
I do wish I could actually play one of these that sounds like all the clips though. Mine definitely did not.

What was wrong with the amp that he refunded you in the end?

Metlupass2":38ae5uyp said:
FourT6and2":38ae5uyp said:

What was wrong with the amp that he refunded you in the end?

Never said.

Wow. Look at all those Messugah’s for sale...

Oh wait there’s only one for sale. I’m sure the majority don’t give a rats ass and are just happy.

Hey Fourty6and2 how did you know it was a Jose replica? Did you open up the amp?

VC4EverAgain":nb3zo21q said:

Oh wait there’s only one for sale. I’m sure the majority don’t give a rats ass and are just happy.

Hey Fourty6and2 how did you know it was a Jose replica? Did you open up the amp?
Would you like pics, schematics or both? The amp has been thoroughly analyzed and you can compare them to an original Jose. A few minor value differences on the mustard caps (.027uf) due to .022uf caps no longer available. The Cali copies a Cameron Jose. The grind/33 is a 1 knob version of the TC Integrated Preamp pedal, and there is speculation that other amps are based on models from Larry Amps. Fortin bought a few models right before formally opening shop.

scottosan":nogzp9e8 said:
and there is speculation that other amps are based on models from Larry Amps. Fortin bought a few models right before formally opening shop.

Larry has hinted the Grind/Girth controls on Natas/Satan were lifted from his Bite/Punch controls.

I played my friend's Bones and have some sneaky feeling that it might has something to do with Wizard.

scottosan":3i6hb8mn said:
VC4EverAgain":3i6hb8mn said:

Would you like pics, schematics or both? The amp has been thoroughly analyzed and you can compare them to an original Jose. A few minor value differences on the mustard caps (.027uf) due to .022uf caps no longer available. The Cali copies a Cameron Jose. The grind/33 is a 1 knob version of the TC Integrated Preamp pedal, and there is speculation that other amps are based on models from Larry Amps. Fortin bought a few models right before formally opening shop.

Given the way the thread is going I'm sure we're about to get an accusation that he broke the amp by taking it out of the headshell...

That said it was pretty clear from the Fortin group on Facebook that Mike was not personally building the production runs of the Meshuggah, though I wasn't aware from following the first 2 and ordering of the 3rd run that he wasn't doing QC on them in-house. There were plenty of posts talking about the team building them etc etc It's also really not uncommon for a manufacturer to not disclose who is doing production when something is being ghost-built.

The pedals are all SMD components so it shouldn't be a shock that they are not being built in house, especially given they talk about shipments of stock arriving whenever they are out.

You reminded me I still want to grab either a Thrasher or Satan and take a look at those controls :LOL: :LOL:

technomancer":3dbx8zmx said:
scottosan":3dbx8zmx said:
VC4EverAgain":3dbx8zmx said:

Given the way the thread is going I'm sure we're about to get an accusation that he broke the amp by taking it out of the headshell...

That said it was pretty clear from the Fortin group on Facebook that Mike was not personally building the production runs of the Meshuggah, though I wasn't aware from following the first 2 and ordering of the 3rd run that he wasn't doing QC on them in-house. There were plenty of posts talking about the team building them etc etc It's also really not uncommon for a manufacturer to not disclose who is doing production when something is being ghost-built.

The pedals are all SMD components so it shouldn't be a shock that they are not being built in house, especially given they talk about shipments of stock arriving whenever they are out.

You reminded me I still want to grab either a Thrasher or Satan and take a look at those controls :LOL: :LOL:

Yup. Opens up the amp to get ideas for his last build he did. Packages it up and returns it. Sounds about right.

Back