Here comes the SLO pedal

Thorn chimed in on the TGP thread, advising them to use this pedal into the front end and not the effects loop. When I had my GTO pedals, they didn't like the loop, either.
I thought all high gain distortion overdrive type pedals were supposed to plug into the front end with compression reverb chorus etc.. going into the loop .

I don't like any talking either but that's rarely the case , the reviewer often talks way way too much . I just want to hear the device ALONE with NO other sounds in the background . I also want to hear it with max gain and a humbucker equipped guitar.

I don't get anything out of reviews that test high gain pedals with just a single coil guitar . The review was a pretty good one since he only used a humbucker equipped guitar but I must admit I wasn't blown away by this pedal .

im just trying to understand the hatred so many here have for youtubers, it makes no sense to me and when that happens i like to try and figure out why. if one dosent like the fact someones getting paid to do a demo, which they are getting paid for because someone thinks they do a good job and a lot of people will see, thats cool.. if someone needs the demo'er to make an opinion for them thats cool too. i plan on getting a channel going eventually and like to know these things.

I thought Jaimie Humphries run through was good. I didn’t listen to his opines if he gave them. Just listened to the playing.

He went straight into the clean channel of a mini-rectifier. He, for the most part, is less heavy style and more Classic/ vh style playing.

im just trying to understand the hatred so many here have for youtubers, it makes no sense to me and when that happens i like to try and figure out why. if one dosent like the fact someones getting paid to do a demo, which they are getting paid for because someone thinks they do a good job and a lot of people will see, thats cool.. if someone needs the demo'er to make an opinion for them thats cool too. i plan on getting a channel going eventually and like to know these things.
Hatred ? I don't hate youtube reviewers, I just much prefer as little talking as possible and getting right to the point . Plug the damn thing in and play WITHOUT any background music so I can decide whether I like it or not that's all .

Hatred ? I don't hate youtube reviewers, I just much prefer as little talking as possible and getting right to the point . Plug the damn thing in and play WITHOUT any background music so I can decide whether I like it or not that's all .

I didn’t mean you I meant the forum in general

Reactions: ccn
im just trying to understand the hatred so many here have for youtube
Those fuckings ads. Every few seconds, another ad. "Your video will start in 30 seconds"

No it won't you fucking liar. Another fucking ad is gonna start, right after this one.

Then they have the unmitigated gall to have a pop-up that says, "Experiencing interruptions ? Find out why."

I already know why, you son of a bitch ! It's these fucking ads, hogging all my bandwidth !

:mad:

Those fuckings ads. Every few seconds, another ad. "Your video will start in 30 seconds"

No it won't you fucking liar. Another fucking ad is gonna start, right after this one.

Then they have the unmitigated gall to have a pop-up that says, "Experiencing interruptions ? Find out why."

I already know why, you son of a bitch ! It's these fucking ads, hogging all my bandwidth !

:mad:

That bullshit I can’t take either, that’s why I pay the $9 for premium ad free

Pete Thorn, everything he demos sounds the same. I rarely like anything he demos. There has been stuff that Neilsen posts I don’t like. The SLO pedal sounded pretty good, wonder what it woukd have sounded like directly into a power amp or interface. The G3 pedal I just picked up sounds like crap into an amp, but direct into my interface with an ir sounds great.

Still need to watch the op video…
I think Pete does great demos. There’s this channel -guitar max. And all his demos sound the same. Pete’s demos sound great.

Fwiw, I had all the Revv G pedals. I hought the G3 sounded the worst. The G2 almost did the Marshall thing really well, but didnt quite nail it. I kept the G4 and use it regularly through my Fender preamp.

I may be in the minority here, but I've yet to hear an "amp in a box" that ever did anything for me. I've owned a few, not all, but I have no desire to keep trying them. Not my cup 'o tea. I mean, what's the point? You need a good sounding power source, (for me it would have to be tube), and if you're lugging around a power amp, you might as well lug a good sounding head and a boost.

I think Pete does great demos.
Yeah, that fucker talked me right into a Pink Taco V2. When he said Dave re-voiced it to be more pissed off, more gain, and more brown sounding/less dark/does Jose Marshall thing, all I had to do is decide which credit card to use.. The tones were impressive.

I think Pete does great demos. There’s this channel -guitar max. And all his demos sound the same. Pete’s demos sound great.

Fwiw, I had all the Revv G pedals. I hought the G3 sounded the worst. The G2 almost did the Marshall thing really well, but didnt quite nail it. I kept the G4 and use it regularly through my Fender preamp.
thats because he a good player and sounds like his self no matter the gear but that also goes for everyone good or bad player

TGP’s must’ve complained about not being able to grab’n’go with that backbreaking SLO mini.
After sifting through the 7 pages of BS on this thread, this is the one that resonates with me the most.

Mike Soldano deserves all the success he's worked hard for no doubt. However, WTF....why release that stupid fucking mini head if you could've just released this pedal instead? That pedal will sell quadruple at least than what the mini head has sold. Same goes for Diezel with their VH line. Not to mention having Lynch on both videos pumping up both products as if he actually fucking uses either of them. Sorry...I prefer cheese on my pizza and sammiches only

Back