Hypothetical question about selling a collectible / classic guitar

MetalThrasher

Let's say I have a 1959 Les Paul in great condition and I want to sell it. I don't actually have one if you must ask lol. How would you go about trying to sell it with all the bullshit going on with reverb, etc. I'm curious to see how one would go about selling a high dollar value guitar if they had one.

Let's say I have a 1959 Les Paul in great condition and I want to sell it. I don't actually have one if you must ask lol. How would you go about trying to sell it with all the bullshit going on with reverb, etc. I'm curious to see how one would go about selling a high dollar value guitar if they had one.

If it was something along the lines of a real 59 burst, all you would have to do it post it onine.. the buyers would find you.

I would find a shop that is known for dealing with vintage guitars and has a high reputation. Maybe get something like a "certificate of authenticity" or at least the dealer to look over at the shop. You can probably sell on commission through this shop or go on your own.

And I`d ask on the gearpage rathe than here as the tan pants vintage guys are rather over there. They have a vintage guitar section.

I would attempt to sell it in the classified's on this site .

Do a deal with Lark Street Music or someplace like it. They are reputable and are accustomed to selling high end guitars.

Super high value item like that would get an appraisal from a certified location to prove authenticity. Once an appraisal and certificate is in hand, I’d write out a contract because a lot of money will be changing hands. Once a contract is in hand, I would forgo reverb or eBay and sell to a place like Chicago music exchange or Norms rare guitars in person.

Sell to me! I pay top us dollar. Meet me in coordinates: alley behind the off track betting parlor. Tonight at 1 am. You bring fancy item and I bring the monies. We make good deal! Come alone I no trust you robber me.

I have been told to get on specific Facebook pages that are for that specific guitar.
In my case if I was serious about selling my Washburn Dimes,there is a page just for those guitars.
Heard they are pretty fanatical over there.
I'd just put up pics and a price and tell them to come get it and bring cash. I ain't shipping anything that expensive.
Arrange a time and place and bring a gun and a bro as backup.
Low ballers will be shot.

I have been told to get on specific Facebook pages that are for that specific guitar.
In my case if I was serious about selling my Washburn Dimes,there is a page just for those guitars.
Heard they are pretty fanatical over there.
I'd just put up pics and a price and tell them to come get it and bring cash. I ain't shipping anything that expensive.
Arrange a time and place and bring a gun and a bro as backup.
Low ballers will be shot.

On site LOL?

If you search tan pants on AOL the first link is for Nordstrom, so I’d check there. Maybe Mapquest nearby doctor offices. To find a 59 buyer you must become one.

Back