I think this will be the last concert I attend....

  • Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
especially after a rain on the cooler days. wet tropical forests have a power to them and the trails and parks at the higher elevations are really something else.
blessed to be surrounded by waterfalls, streams and freshwater springs that run into the ocean where ancient Hawaiian fishponds once existed
View attachment 457267View attachment 457268View attachment 457269

Aah, sweet memories of our Hawaii trip a few years ago.....

FB_IMG_1787521321271.jpg
 
If you guys can believe it, I spent 9 years on Oahu and only made it to the Big Island. Never made it to the others.
I can believe it. I lived in FL for about 12 years total and never went to the keys once. I did go to a slum area of miami to check out a boat with a friend once. That was....interesting.
 
The keys are over rated. The coolest thing there was late night kayaking in a glass bottom kayak and a guide showing you all the shit swimming around under you. And the Hemingway House and the 6 toed cats.
 
its your responsibility as a human being, in an ever changing world, to at least TRY to KIND OF keep up with technology.
i get being a stubborn old fucker who thinks new tech is unnecessary or absurd or whatever, but you're shooting yourself in the foot big time by just shunning it all until you need it for something.
Yes everything is done on phones, computers, "paperless", and yes everything is a total fucking rip off. i'm priced out of anything thats not a bar gig, basically. Even mid sized theater gigs are like $80 -$120 tickets, $15 drinks, $50 t-shirts, etc. Capitalism and cronyism has tainted the concert industry, no doubt about that.
 
I can believe it. I lived in FL for about 12 years total and never went to the keys once. I did go to a slum area of miami to check out a boat with a friend once. That was....interesting.
i spent time in miami which reminded me of waikiki—cool to visit but wouldn’t wanna live there😁—and st petersburg where we filmed an episode of Mountain Men. liked st petes way more. here’s a shot Tom, one of the Mountain Men from Montana whom i filmed with for 3 seasons, enjoying a lovely florida sunset.

IMG_0088.jpeg
 
i spent time in miami which reminded me of waikiki—cool to visit but wouldn’t wanna live there😁—and st petersburg where we filmed an episode of Mountain Men. liked st petes way more. here’s a shot Tom, one of the Mountain Men from Montana whom i filmed with for 3 seasons, enjoying a lovely florida sunset.

View attachment 457455
Florida is pretty, but the humidity is ridiculous. Take out the californians and california would be nice. But Hawaii is my favorite of the islands. Jamaica is a blast. St marten, haiti, puerto rico, all are nice, but don't compare.
 
its your responsibility as a human being, in an ever changing world, to at least TRY to KIND OF keep up with technology.
I don't agree with this at all. I'm not going to be forced into using stuff I don't want, or disagree with, as a matter of routine.

i spent time in miami which reminded me of waikiki—cool to visit but wouldn’t wanna live there😁—and st petersburg where we filmed an episode of Mountain Men. liked st petes way more. here’s a shot Tom, one of the Mountain Men from Montana whom i filmed with for 3 seasons, enjoying a lovely florida sunset.
I lived in St. Pete and St. Pete Beach for about a dozen years in between moves to Austin and Nashville. It's a pretty swell area but musically the whole island time stuff still applies so there isn't a lot of hustlers there and the # of playing opportunities is far less than central TX. My parents, a sister, and a cousin of mine live there on St. Pete Beach. My other sister lives in Tallahassee. Hoping to maybe visit at Christmas this year, we'll see.
Florida is pretty, but the humidity is ridiculous. Take out the californians and california would be nice. But Hawaii is my favorite of the islands. Jamaica is a blast. St marten, haiti, puerto rico, all are nice, but don't compare.
I love humid weather but my ears act up real bad when I'm in it long term. I spent several years battling ear infections. I thought I was going to go deaf for a while as I had them in both ears for about a year stretch. It....tested my sanity and I'm not even sane to begin with lol. No sooner than I get into central TX and they evaporate in the dry weather but if I gig in front of one of those misting fans I can feel the infection start to creep in within 15 minutes...
 
I don't agree with this at all. I'm not going to be forced into using stuff I don't want, or disagree with, as a matter of routine.


I lived in St. Pete and St. Pete Beach for about a dozen years in between moves to Austin and Nashville. It's a pretty swell area but musically the whole island time stuff still applies so there isn't a lot of hustlers there and the # of playing opportunities is far less than central TX. My parents, a sister, and a cousin of mine live there on St. Pete Beach. My other sister lives in Tallahassee. Hoping to maybe visit at Christmas this year, we'll see.

I love humid weather but my ears act up real bad when I'm in it long term. I spent several years battling ear infections. I thought I was going to go deaf for a while as I had them in both ears for about a year stretch. It....tested my sanity and I'm not even sane to begin with lol. No sooner than I get into central TX and they evaporate in the dry weather but if I gig in front of one of those misting fans I can feel the infection start to creep in within 15 minutes...
before i moved back home to hawaii, my ears were a wreck from skimboarding cold polluted socal water at Aliso Beach in Laguna.
every sesh was guaranteed pain from water trapped against my eardrum for days and infections as my surfer’s ear condition worsened. cold water causes the normally open ear canal to close down. issue lingered after moving back so had surgery on the more problematic ear. with the warmer water and higher salt content in hawaii haven’t had any problems since🙏🙏🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_3428.jpeg
 
before i moved back home to hawaii, my ears were a wreck from skimboarding cold polluted socal water at Aliso Beach in Laguna.
every sesh was guaranteed pain from water trapped against my eardrum for days and infections as my surfer’s ear condition worsened. cold water causes the normally open ear canal to close down. issue lingered after moving back so had surgery on the more problematic ear. with the warmer water and higher salt content in hawaii haven’t had any problems since🙏🙏🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

View attachment 457458
View attachment 457460
I feel your pain. I lived at a house with a pool, cleaned pools at the hotel in the morning, worked on the beach, and swam in the gulf every day.

Didn't have any problems for the first six or seven years then all of a sudden I had a mad infection, could barely chew, and had to get a scrip. After that it was in one ear then once the amoxicillin knocked it out it'd show up in the other ear a week later. I poured everything from salt to sea breeze to rubbing alcohol and other astringents in my ears trying to knock it out. Nothing really worked but wearing a beanie and keeping the wind and sand out my ears helped. Sucked cause I grew up on a lake then moved to FL so spent a lot of my life in and on the water. I sometimes go swimming here down at the river without issues but I'm scared to put my head underwater in FL. Love St. Pete Beach at sunset man...
 
well..
got hooked up with some tix so guess the wifey and i are Journey bound🤣

they had that guy Hugo join them onstage for a few numbers in Tokyo, and kinda hoping he stays with them to do a few here too!

 
well..
got hooked up with some tix so guess the wifey and i are Journey bound🤣

they had that guy Hugo join them onstage for a few numbers in Tokyo, and kinda hoping he stays with them to do a few here too!


Hey, who was the guy that was in that Journey tribute with Zachman back in the day? I remember they flew him in from New York for that show downtown. Was a killer show and Zach was using the Cameron modded Marshall and sounded awesome! I can still hear that tone in my head when they played "Girl Can't Help It".
 
Back
Top