I think this will be the last concert I attend....

  • Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
Last shows I went to were Babymetal and the Foo Fighters at the Singapore Grand Prix. Those were good shows, I was close enough to the stage to look at some of their gear. I also saw Blackpink on their deadline tour. $350 to see them from 100 metres away. Won't do that again in a hurry. Worst part was the concert ticket showed a different seating arrangement, but it was totally different at the venue. No point suing in sunny Singapore though, I'd have lost.
 
At 56 years old, concerts are a different experience for me now but I try to go to about one every month or two. There are times when I have three concerts in a week.

I took my wife to a show a few weeks ago and left that show to go to a show with my daughter about 3 blocks away.

My best friend and I go to shows and my cousin usually goes with her boyfriend. We are all rockers and have fun hanging out and listening to music. For us it is the laughing, dinner beforehand, beers, etc along with the shoe that makes it a fun time. We don't try to get up front. Just try to be there.
 
My wife scanned both of us in with her phone when we got the venue. I didn't have to lift a finger. We were about as far away from the stage as one could get but we didn't go to see The Crue up close. We just wanted to listen to some tunes, have our drinks and gummies and reminisce about the good ol days when we first met :yes:

Sorry you had so much trouble though VBF. I do hope you can make it to another show someday, it won't be nearly as painlfull moving forward.
 
Last edited:
My wife scanned both of us in with her phone when we got the venue. I didn't have to lift a finger. We were about as far away from the stage as one could get but we didn't go to see The Crue up close. We just wanted to listen to some tunes, have our drinks and gummies and reminisce about the good ol days when we first met :yes:

Sorry you had so much trouble though VBF. I do hope you can make it to another show someday, it won't be nearly as painless moving forward.
Nah, I already removed all that crap back off my phone. I can't afford concerts outside of club level stuff anyways. Had I known what was involved I wouldn't have asked for any tickets at all. They can take their digital shit and stuff it up their asses. Screw phones....

I never really followed up on the rest of the concert.....they brought Jimmie Vaughan out to do a few numbers with Carlos. Then Carlos tried to do a Texas shuffle, which is completely cringeworthy with the gain levels he uses. And he can't play a Texas shuffle for shit anyways...I mean, it's Carlos Santana. He don't know shit about Texas blues. So rather than sully my perspective of a guy who's playing I have always loved, we bounced out at that point and beat the rush outta the venue anyways about 45 minutes before it ended.

I will say: the Doobie Bros were absolutely way on point. The guitarists, the harmonies, the sax player (he really ripped). Couldn't tell what gear they were using, but they all sounded really good though the audio quality in the nosebleeds (yep I was at the very top) wasn't great. Drum n bass heavy up there as expected but Michael McDonald's voice really filled that venue, it was impressive

Cindy Blackman, Carlos' wife, still plays mean drums. But I wouldn't pay to see Santana at this stage.

I scanned the venue during the show when the lights were coming up and the place was 95% full. The floor seats were $500 each and those sections were packed. I forget exactly what the nosebleeds cost, around $65-75 each IIRC. The venue seats approx 15k people so do the math. $$$$$$$$$$$
 
I scanned the venue during the show when the lights were coming up and the place was 95% full. The floor seats were $500 each and those sections were packed. I forget exactly what the nosebleeds cost, around $65-75 each IIRC. The venue seats approx 15k people so do the math. $$$$$$$$$$$
Don't give up on shows dude. I have seen some great cheaper shows with paper tickets. Go see small bands or local bands and don't give up on rock and roll!
 
Don't give up on shows dude. I have seen some great cheaper shows with paper tickets. Go see small bands or local bands and don't give up on rock and roll!
I don't really listen to much rock n roll tbh and most of the rock I do listen to is by people who were dead decades ago. Tbh at this point I think the next stop is a couple of the jazz clubs downtown where the cover charge is cash and I can pay cash for drinks like how normal society used to be.

I'd go see some blues shows but there isn't that many big name artists gigging here other than Jimmie Vaughan. He might be worth catching once just cause he's local...I just did a festival with one of his kids on the bill a month or so ago, Tyrone Vaughan. Dude got heat sickness after his set...it was boiling hot there but at least I didn't have to pay to get in since I was on the bill too, LOL.
 
so glad i grew up in a generation where i could easily and affordably see all my musical heroes in concert from close up floor seats or rushing general admission gigs and standing at the foot of the stage.

my kids just went to see ed sheeran in LA at Sofi a few weeks ago and said it was a great show.

but whereas i would see multiple concerts a year at their age, they might go once every other year, maybe, because it’s too bloody expensive for good seats.

floor seats back in the 80s were $12.50–$25.

$20 in 1981 is equivalent to about $73.58 today, not $1000+ !!!!

i get album sales and royalties aren’t what they used to be and artists now have to make more income at concerts and merch, but give me a break….

IMG_1282.jpeg
 
so glad i grew up in a generation where i could easily and affordably see all my musical heroes in concert from close up floor seats or rushing general admission gigs and standing at the foot of the stage.

my kids just went to see ed sheeran in LA at Sofi a few weeks ago and said it was a great show.

but whereas i would see multiple concerts a year at their age, they might go once every other year, maybe, because it’s too bloody expensive for good seats.

floor seats back in the 80s were $12.50–$25.

$20 in 1981 is equivalent to about $73.58 today, not $1000+ !!!!

i get album sales and royalties aren’t what they used to be and artists now have to make more income at concerts and merch, but give me a break….

View attachment 457141
The Blaisdell!! Saw Van Halen's last show there in 96'. Saw Bon Jovi in 2010 before leaving the island but not a good show IMO.
 
The Blaisdell!! Saw Van Halen's last show there in 96'. Saw Bon Jovi in 2010 before leaving the island but not a good show IMO.
my sister took me to see Earth Wind and Fire there when I was in the 3rd grade and it was still called HIC (Honolulu International Center).
They changed the name to Neil S. Blaisdell Center in 1976.

The other really cool event was the annual Diamond Head Crater Festival. I remember sitting on our front porch as a kid in perfect view of Diamond Head watching stunt planes flying in and out of the crater during the event with binoculars. you could also see throngs of shirtless hippies trying to scale the walls of the cliffs to sneak in. bad idea!

this is the view of Diamond Head from the park several steep blocks directly above our house where i went to summer fun and now take my grand daughters to play!

IMG_5874.jpeg


https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/memories-of-the-diamond-head-crater-festivals-hawaiis-own-woodstock/
 
my sister took me to see Earth Wind and Fire there when I was in the 3rd grade and it was still called HIC (Honolulu International Center).
They changed the name to Neil S. Blaisdell Center in 1976.

The other really cool event was the annual Diamond Head Crater Festival. I remember sitting on our front porch as a kid in perfect view of Diamond Head watching stunt planes flying in and out of the crater during the event with binoculars. you could also see throngs of shirtless hippies trying to scale the walls of the cliffs to sneak in. bad idea!

this is the view of Diamond Head from the park several steep blocks directly above our house where i went to summer fun and now take my grand daughters to play!

View attachment 457161

https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/memories-of-the-diamond-head-crater-festivals-hawaiis-own-woodstock/
I think you need to write a book about your life mentoneman!!!

I'll be first in line to buy a copy.
 
A friend asked me if there was any artists I wanted to see. It's been over 25 years since I went to an actual ticketed event. He hooked me up with some free concert tickets via ticketmaster. The show is tonight. I had to create a ticketmaster account, then had to download a ticketmaster app onto my phone, then I had to download the venue app onto my phone to view the tickets. That's after setting up email and bs on my phone cause I don't use "apps" or any of that stuff except talk and text. Took about an hour to set it all up and actually view the tickets. Then I gotta make sure my phone is all charged up before I go because "your phone is your ticket". It's a long drive to the venue, then parking in the area can run $50 or more, up to nearly $70. Once inside, all merch and concessions is cashless so my $ can't even buy me a damn t-shirt.

What a freakin' clown world man. Had I known all the bs involved I wouldn't even have accepted the tickets tbh. I can't believe people go along with this shit routinely. I guess I'm gonna go since dude went thru the hassle of getting the tickets and me and the old lady almost never do anything together since most of our ducats go into music, music gear, and


Its been like this for years…

I had to accept them from the person who gifted me them digitally using my email and ticketmaster so I don't know if you can still get hard copy tickets or not.
Hard tickets are out. Too many counterfeiters. Digital is safer…
 
Hard tickets are out. Too many counterfeiters. Digital is safer…
This is true man but it's kind of a remnant or something forced on everyone...... For the sake of lockdowns....


Forced on everyone by Nu-Technocrats and Nu-Economist and these Nu-Marketers..... The geniuses at McDonald Ivy League schools like Harvard/Standford or Universities like UCLA/NYU or whatever.....


I say fuck them, this shit sucks, people don't like it and we shouldn't have to put up with this braindead BS after the pandemic anymore when it's not needed :dunno:
 
I say fuck them, this shit sucks, people don't like it and we shouldn't have to put up with this braindead BS after the pandemic anymore when it's not needed :dunno:
Yep, never mind the insane ticket prices, fees, and enabling ticketmaster's illegal near-monopoly on ticket sales. They can shove their digital crap.
 
Yep, never mind the insane ticket prices, fees, and enabling ticketmaster's illegal near-monopoly on ticket sales. They can shove their digital crap.
I mean this and not just with this but it's just AI algos by Nu-Economist/Nu-Marketers..... It ain't inflation really when you look inflation numbers too..... It and they are pretty much destroying the world....


They are milking every dollar, dime and penny from people and fucking consumers over too ..... I mean at what point will people stop with the brain rot, realize whats happening and stop following along with this retarded shit :dunno:


And it's not just tickets, it's like everything and everywhere now in every industry pretty much and the whole world is fucking Amazon now..... WTF is up with that 🤔
 
They are milking every dollar, dime and penny from people and fucking consumers over too ..... I mean at what point will people stop with the brain rot, realize whats happening and stop following along with this retarded shit :dunno:
They won't. It's already been shown during covid, they'll stick a needle in their arm and wear a useless mask just so they can attend a shitty sporting event or concert while simultaneously attacking anyone who doesn't program with generation emasculation.
 
My first show was the free Van Halen Dallas show. Made a big impression on me. I didn’t start playing guitar until 3 years later, about 20 years old.

Taking my daughter to Treaty Oak next month.
My friend is an army vet and he gets free tickets all the time, we saw about 5 bands last year.

Paying for concerts is getting out of hand—agree on that. Ticketmaster just needs to disband
 
my sister took me to see Earth Wind and Fire there when I was in the 3rd grade and it was still called HIC (Honolulu International Center).
They changed the name to Neil S. Blaisdell Center in 1976.

The other really cool event was the annual Diamond Head Crater Festival. I remember sitting on our front porch as a kid in perfect view of Diamond Head watching stunt planes flying in and out of the crater during the event with binoculars. you could also see throngs of shirtless hippies trying to scale the walls of the cliffs to sneak in. bad idea!

this is the view of Diamond Head from the park several steep blocks directly above our house where i went to summer fun and now take my grand daughters to play!

View attachment 457161

https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/memories-of-the-diamond-head-crater-festivals-hawaiis-own-woodstock/
Oahu will always be a second home to me. My daughter was born up at the pink hospital and I lived there three different times. I have a lot of great memories playing at the Pink Cadillac and even played a show at some outdoor bike race up at Turtle Bay Resort, lol.
 
my sister took me to see Earth Wind and Fire there when I was in the 3rd grade and it was still called HIC (Honolulu International Center).
They changed the name to Neil S. Blaisdell Center in 1976.

The other really cool event was the annual Diamond Head Crater Festival. I remember sitting on our front porch as a kid in perfect view of Diamond Head watching stunt planes flying in and out of the crater during the event with binoculars. you could also see throngs of shirtless hippies trying to scale the walls of the cliffs to sneak in. bad idea!

this is the view of Diamond Head from the park several steep blocks directly above our house where i went to summer fun and now take my grand daughters to play!

View attachment 457161

https://www.hawaiimagazine.com/memories-of-the-diamond-head-crater-festivals-hawaiis-own-woodstock/
I just want to go there and breathe the air ...... for like a month
 
I just want to go there and breathe the air ...... for like a month
especially after a rain on the cooler days. wet tropical forests have a power to them and the trails and parks at the higher elevations are really something else.
blessed to be surrounded by waterfalls, streams and freshwater springs that run into the ocean where ancient Hawaiian fishponds once existed
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_1783.jpeg
IMG_6690.jpeg
 
Back
Top