I think this will be the last concert I attend....

  • Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
i was about to make a thread the other day asking if i was the only one that felt this way. Id have to get paid myself to want to deal with everything that goes into an arena show these days between pricing, NYC traffic to any of the bigger venues, parking, $15 beers and whatever else. my studio with my monitors and sub, my whisky and weed and my own shitter is where its at. i dont know why more bands, maybe some do this and im not aware, let me watch that nights concert for $5 or something, id pay and watch
thank god it never happened to me .... but ... could you imagine being at one of those huge outdoor shows and all of sudden have to take what you know is going to be a colossal shit ...... Fuck me ..... LMFAO
 
Glad you ended up having a good time @VonBonfire


Thank you in advance for not posting about that show

I won't unless it is super news worthy. We've all seen what a trainwreck Vince has become. Wife bought the tickets and then told me after the fact. This was months ago. She really likes Motley Crue, but like myself, it is mostly the nostalgia affect. Plenty of alcohol will get me through this. :yes:
 
Glad you ended up having a good time @VonBonfire
Thanks D. Wish I was heading to Tampa soon, we could meet up. I'll be lucky if I get to go for Christmas but I'm overdue for a couple weeks visiting the fam. My cousin moved down who I've spoken with dozens of times on the phone but never met her, only her husband. They bought a place right down the street from my parents on the water just in time for Helene/Milton.....it'd be a fun visit, and much needed break from dang TX. I'm hitting levels of burnout I haven't hit before....
 
thank god it never happened to me .... but ... could you imagine being at one of those huge outdoor shows and all of sudden have to take what you know is going to be a colossal shit ...... Fuck me ..... LMFAO


luckily im well in control of that, only once ever can i remember being at work and having to stop at a gas station, my father on the other hand couldnt go down the street without having to stop three times, i hope i dont end up that way. Apparently someone at this show had a problem though

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music...turns-new-zealand-metal-show-into-a-nightmare

and apparently this is becoming a problem lol

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/noah-kahan/pooping-on-the-floor-at-concerts-escalation
 
luckily im well in control of that, only once ever can i remember being at work and having to stop at a gas station, my father on the other hand couldnt go down the street without having to stop three times, i hope i dont end up that way. Apparently someone at this show had a problem though

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music...turns-new-zealand-metal-show-into-a-nightmare

and apparently this is becoming a problem lol

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/noah-kahan/pooping-on-the-floor-at-concerts-escalation
that dude on the left looks like he knew who dropped it ....
 
my first show ... when I was 15 ... AC DC ...... Who made Who Tour .... I remember sitting in awe with everytime the kick drum hit .... literally felt like getting punched in the chest ...... then they did the cannons for " those about to rock " Holy shit I was hooked after that .... and still don't think I've been to a louder show ... maybe the first time I saw Metallica ... that was pretty F-ing loud
My first show was The King, Elvis Presley. My last was Kiss End of the Road. Pretty cool way to start and end my concert experience.
 
My first show was The King, Elvis Presley. My last was Kiss End of the Road. Pretty cool way to start and end my concert experience.
you saw Elvis ???? Now that's pretty friggin bad ass !!!!! In my book anyway !
 
i dont feel bad about it.
honestly i dont ever want to meet my heros anyways so...
 
you saw Elvis ???? Now that's pretty friggin bad ass !!!!! In my book anyway !
Yep, in '75. I remember he wore a blue jumpsuit and screaming women with bouffant hairdos rushing the stage. Second concert was Olivia Newton John like a year later when she was all countryish. Went with the family and friends to both.
 
Yep, in '75. I remember he wore a blue jumpsuit and screaming women with bouffant hairdos rushing the stage. Second concert was Olivia Newton John like a year later when she was all countryish. Went with the family and friends to both.
That's awesome !
 
if you need one hour to install the app, maaaybe you're the problem.

I go to concerts all the time and have no issues like this. you really don't have to be Einstein.
 
if you need one hour to install the app, maaaybe you're the problem.
Yeah....an hour: to create a ticketmaster account on home computer so I could accept the tickets, more time to add email/samsung shit to my phone so I can access the app store, more time to add ticketmaster app to phone and get all logged in, then to add the moody center app so I can view my tickets only to be told I can avoid hassles by putting the tickets in a google wallet, which also needs to be added. I didn't add the wallet....then there was issues scanning the tickets at the venue.

Back in the old days you just handed them your physical tickets. I went to concerts all the time with no issues like that so maybe all the phone shit is an actual hassle eh?
 
Yeah....an hour: to create a ticketmaster account on home computer so I could accept the tickets, more time to add email/samsung shit to my phone so I can access the app store, more time to add ticketmaster app to phone and get all logged in, then to add the moody center app so I can view my tickets only to be told I can avoid hassles by putting the tickets in a google wallet, which also needs to be added. I didn't add the wallet....then there was issues scanning the tickets at the venue.

Back in the old days you just handed them your physical tickets. I went to concerts all the time with no issues like that so maybe all the phone shit is an actual hassle eh?
it's 2026 .... why can't they just scan your thumbprint ...... done
 
it's 2026 .... why can't they just scan your thumbprint ...... done
I'm done today, as of last night. The artists on ticketmaster aren't worth the big $ or the hassle of digital bs just to go sit in an oversized venue and watch them from 100 yards away. I hate digital for guitar, I now hate it for everything else too.
 
I'm done today, as of last night. The artists on ticketmaster aren't worth the big $ or the hassle of digital bs just to go sit in an oversized venue and watch them from 100 yards away. I hate digital for guitar, I now hate it for everything else too.
come back to us Stray Dawg !!! Go to the light !!

1787171363427.png
 
Last few shows I went to were The Pretty Reckless, and Winery Dogs. This was 10 yrs ago. Smaller clubs though. I wouldn't pay even 1990 prices to see some of the re treads that barely have any OG players anymore. The last bigger show I wanted to see was Iron Maiden at Rock Fest here back in 2012. They were killer.
 
A friend asked me if there was any artists I wanted to see. It's been over 25 years since I went to an actual ticketed event. He hooked me up with some free concert tickets via ticketmaster. The show is tonight. I had to create a ticketmaster account, then had to download a ticketmaster app onto my phone, then I had to download the venue app onto my phone to view the tickets. That's after setting up email and bs on my phone cause I don't use "apps" or any of that stuff except talk and text. Took about an hour to set it all up and actually view the tickets. Then I gotta make sure my phone is all charged up before I go because "your phone is your ticket". It's a long drive to the venue, then parking in the area can run $50 or more, up to nearly $70. Once inside, all merch and concessions is cashless so my $ can't even buy me a damn t-shirt.

What a freakin' clown world man. Had I known all the bs involved I wouldn't even have accepted the tickets tbh. I can't believe people go along with this shit routinely. I guess I'm gonna go since dude went thru the hassle of getting the tickets and me and the old lady almost never do anything together since most of our ducats go into music, music gear, and house projects...
Honestly these Nu-Technocrats/Nu-Economist are ruining everything.....


Look at what they did to going to a game like Baseball or other sports. Its such a pain to buy a ticket online and do all that shit, I just call a place and have them email it to my MLB Ballpark app if I can when I buy a ticket sometimes.


Places like Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles CA don't even have physical tickets either. Its all digital and even if you are a 50+ year season ticket holder they don't care and it's all digital. Its completely disrespectful to the game and to the fan.


At Angels Stadium in Orange County CA you can pick either and I always usually get a physical ticket at the box when I can and show up early for the National Anthem or batting practice. You get to see the players up close and they sign stuff for the kids. The players give advice and tips to the kids on how to play the sport better and autograph their cards and balls/pictures/hats/gloves etc and you can also talk to the players sometimes.


I figure same goes for other major sports and events like NFL, NBA, NHL or a John Mayer concert or whatever nowadays..... And it's all or mainly only digital tickets.



Me I like getting physical tickets at the box when I can when I go to the Ballpark, it's just better that way. I saw Jo Adell steal 3 HRs against the Mariners when they were in town vs the Angels and Jo played the best defensive game for a position player in the history of the game and it only cost me 12 bucks or something and I have the ticket still *_*


This and with all the AI algos the fuckers are already making bank but they manipulate prices to squeeze every dollar and last cent out of you..... Not just with tickets but at the grocery store or gas or a chocolate bar to a bag of chips. These fuckers are destroying the world and it's all the geniuses from Harvard and UCLA and those type of well to do Amazon Prime/Whole Foods bougie fuckers and consumers are fucked not just with tickets but everything nowadays :dunno:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top