Is Modern guitar playing boring?

The skill levels are ridiculous, unfortunately to me most of it sounds like it should be a Nintendo soundtrack.

It is interesting as I can pretty much sit down and listen to any era of guitar up to this stuff, but I literally can not listen to stuff like Polyphia.
 
Modern guitar isn't even guitar anymore

It's part midi, and quantized to the point where it might as well all be midi

Basically it's lost all the edge and mystery that makes people interested

and by people I mean normal people
 
That stuff is all of this technical crap and posing while doing it. Who cares? Someone sat in their room for 10 hours a day playing this technical robotic stuff. I'm not trying to paint a vast stereotype, but a lot of it.

I'd rather listen to raw guitars with a groove.
 
That stuff is all of this technical crap and posing while doing it. Who cares? Someone sat in their room for 10 hours a day playing this technical robotic stuff. I'm not trying to paint a vast stereotype, but a lot of it.

I'd rather listen to raw guitars with a groove.
If any of these young guys want to play in a band and have any interest in chicks, they're going to find out real fast that shit like that will get them nothing but a bunch of sausages standing in front of them :LOL:
 

Similar threads

LPMojoGL
Replies
23
Views
750
shredi knight
shredi knight
E
Replies
14
Views
498
stephen sawall
stephen  sawall
Simon Dorn
Replies
12
Views
560
Eazy-ESP
Eazy-ESP
Back
Top