:shocked: :inlove: :shocked: :inlove: :worship: :worship: :worship:

564348_10151140188419869_897742097_n.jpg

547989_10151140189014869_2138059648_n.jpg

251692_10151140188229869_72698904_n.jpg

478903_10151140188684869_1508264684_o.jpg

220720_10151140187504869_503197551_o.jpg

462263_10151140187644869_1086535282_o.jpg

422582_10151140189564869_399000325_n.jpg

I'm really liking this one for some reason. I really need a neck humbucker, but love the simplistic look of the single humbucker at the bridge. I only wish I had thought about putting a D-tuna on one of my builds. :doh:

drewiv":2zeqebae said:
I'm really liking this one for some reason. I really need a neck humbucker, but love the simplistic look of the single humbucker at the bridge. I only wish I had thought about putting a D-tuna on one of my builds. :doh:

:thumbsup: The D-tuna is a simple piece of kit to install, but I have never been able to set the damn thing up. So, I made sure Jerry did it for me so it would be right!. All my guitars too, Jerry installs my Schaler strap locks. Keep the button screw hole the right size from the start so I don't have to worry about that. I also wanted the bridge pick up set in offset too. So, a couple extra tricks on this fiddle.

This build turned out really well. The way Jerry did the fading of the vintage white on the body, I think is killer. The red undercoat works well with it too....

What's next? :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":uqlwf34d said:
:thumbsup: The D-tuna is a simple piece of kit to install, but I have never been able to set the damn thing up.
^This. I should have thought of it while it was in build.

steve_k":uqlwf34d said:
What's next? :LOL: :LOL:
You're still up to bat. I'm on a mission to play, sort through some gear and PURGE before my next run of purchases. :D

parntz145":2xx4ptb4 said:
Steve, how do you like the motor city hot head? Im getting them in mine neck and bridge.

I don't have it yet. It is supposed to ship today, once Rob quits fondling it.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If the Hothead doesn't work, I still have my special Cantrell wind Afwayu that Wade did for me a few years back. I have got several sets of Nastee's that Wade came out with recently. They are incredible.

Steve

Got the fiddle. As usual.....very nice. Haven't plugged it in yet though to check out the new MCP Hothead.

fearhk213":3cw57kv2 said:
steve_k":3cw57kv2 said:
Got the fiddle. As usual.....very nice. Haven't plugged it in yet though to check out the new MCP Hothead.

Well get to it then :gethim: :D

I don't like the Hothead. It's coming out as soon as I get around to it. The pick up is very dark, muddy and unresponsive to attack. I have an old Afwayu wind that Wade sent me a couple years ago. I got to snatch it out of the Rampage and it's going into the Luxxtone.

Steve

steve_k":1sdgi8an said:
fearhk213":1sdgi8an said:
steve_k":1sdgi8an said:

I don't like the Hothead. It's coming out as soon as I get around to it. The pick up is very dark, muddy and unresponsive to attack. I have an old Afwayu wind that Wade sent me a couple years ago. I got to snatch it out of the Rampage and it's going into the Luxxtone.

Steve
Well, that's a bummer. Could you compare the Hothead to the 2nd Degree Blackbelt? I've heard it described in similar terms to what you used for the Hothead and I like the 2nd Degree Blackbelt.

steve_k":1oaxfy8i said:
fearhk213":1oaxfy8i said:
steve_k":1oaxfy8i said:

Steve

That sucks!!! I have the Hotheads coming in my Luxxtone!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: Two conflicting reports since Mark Day loves them and they sound good in his clip, but as we all know tone is subjective!! If you sell the pickup, let me know. I have a very bright guitar that this might work in!!

metalmaniac93":2i8qff0h said:
steve_k":2i8qff0h said:
fearhk213":2i8qff0h said:
steve_k":2i8qff0h said:

Steve

That sucks!!! I have the Hotheads coming in my Luxxtone!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh: Two conflicting reports since Mark Day loves them and they sound good in his clip, but as we all know tone is subjective!! If you sell the pickup, let me know. I have a very bright guitar that this might work in!!

I guess I am used to EMG's and dialed in for them. Although, there is not much problem in transitioning to other HB pick ups from EMG's. It is very different to the Nasty's and Detroiters though. Lacks definition and attack. Could be a pot change may brighten it up. I will probably just replace it. Will let you know when it is out if you want it.

steve_k":kz6zf26e said:
metalmaniac93":kz6zf26e said:
fearhk213":kz6zf26e said:

Steve

I guess I am used to EMG's and dialed in for them. Although, there is not much problem in transitioning to other HB pick ups from EMG's. It is very different to the Nasty's and Detroiters though. Lacks definition and attack. Could be a pot change may brighten it up. I will probably just replace it. Will let you know when it is out if you want it.

Oh? Then this pickup will be a lot different. I do like the Detroiter a lot, but did not get along with the Nasty Nasty in my Charvel 2005 Pointy reissue. Way too tight for me. Wade is winding it to a hotter Angel Dust A5. What rating pots do you have in this Luxxtone?

steve_k":8mzptbto said:
fearhk213":8mzptbto said:
steve_k":8mzptbto said:

Steve
That stinks.

fearhk213":2k18k71p said:
steve_k":2k18k71p said:
fearhk213":2k18k71p said:
steve_k":2k18k71p said:

Steve
That stinks.

Well, I have always had good luck with Wade's stuff and this one strikes me as off, as compared to others. And, it was my choice. So, I am not in any way being an ass here, but speaking honestly. Not a big deal to another and drop in. There's not much soldering!

Steve

Back