Mustaine going to Gibson?

It will suck, u know it, I know it...long live the king V 20191005_114526.jpg

I respect Dave, but this feels to me like he sold his soul to the (corporate) devil.

Everyone was trying to figure out the reason for this because his Dean guitars are fine. Apparently, he tried to buy Jackson years ago out but they wouldn't sell to him so he won't be going back to them. So why Gibson? Someone pointed out Mustaine and Gibson are both in Nashville. He lives there. So maybe convenience might explain it? It's a good PR move but I am skeptical this is a better move for guitarists because Dean is producing quality gear. How about Gibson in that department? Everyone I know who has a Dean Mustaine-type guitar has been happy with them. In fact, everyone I know with a Dean has been happy with them. In fact, everyone I know who has an Epiphone has been happy with them. However Gibson. I am not so sure everyone I have heard talking about Gibson is happy.

I'd imagine it isn't much of a decision if Gibson are willing to play ball with the artist. He had a good run with Dean but they likely couldn't match whatever Gibson was offering.

Back