NAD: Goldmember now with crappy phone vid

ratter

51da5e974c991b99615c2e660abc511b1.jpg

Picked up a Goldfinger 45 and matching 2x12 yesterday. Excuse the shitty phone vid.

I'm still honeymooning but HOLY SHIT what an amp.

My favorite tones are plexi-based. Clean up through crunch, dabbling in JCM800 and beyond territory now and then. This amp really brings it home for me. There's so much control over the tone and feel and volume but it maintains an "old" tone and has the feel of an old amp that's really wound up. I've been watching all the vids for a couple years now...Reinhold always called it "rubbery" and that's exactly it. It has that easy old feel to it yet retains that bark and kerrang that most "marshall-type" amps lack.

And the cleans are just glorious icing on the cake.

It won't appeal to those who live in modded-marshall territory, I don't think. Doesn't really excel at the upper end of the gain spectrum. But anything from clean through vintage gain...I've yet to hear anything better. Sometimes I'll miss amps that I've sold. 1959HW, '72 Super Bass, OD-100 Classic, Badger, Naylor, Budda.

I don't miss ANY of them anymore. This thing wiped the slate of regret totally clean... :LOL: :LOL:

Cool rig! I played that exact rig yesterday. The GF is one of my favorite Bogner amps and your discription is pretty dead on. I ended up getting that cab and a Brixton head so I had NAD as well. :D

Nice man!! Nothing better then New amp day and just running it up and down the flag pole! :rock:

Sounds killer in the clip.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Cool clip and some very nice picking! You make me see I need to work on my skills more so than my gear collection. :doh:

Congrats man! Great amp. Im lovin my Goldfinger 90. How do you like that speaker combination with it?

ejecta":w0ow7f82 said:
Cool clip and some very nice picking! You make me see I need to work on my skills more so than my gear collection. :doh:

lol please...

flimz":w0ow7f82 said:
Congrats man! Great amp. Im lovin my Goldfinger 90. How do you like that speaker combination with it?

Love it. BUT, it's the only cab I've tried it with so I don't have much basis for comparison...

Sounds great, and definitely seems to compliment your style; enjoyed the tones, and your playing. :thumbsup:

Sounds great, Mike! That is killer that the amp does exactly what you miss in amps you've sold. That's a huge win.

Sounds great Mike! Always good to hear someone has found an amp that really fits them. BTW, I was just checking out your instagram feed, in particular a trans white ash tele-style; looks fantastic!

that sounds really good man.....lots of tone.

i like the phone video approach...as someone recently said to me, it gives a good feel of what's going on in the room without the implied "studio wizardry" that i always wonder about with mic'd clips.

grooveHT":1gkbkba4 said:
Sounds great Mike! Always good to hear someone has found an amp that really fits them. BTW, I was just checking out your instagram feed, in particular a trans white ash tele-style; looks fantastic!

Thanks, that's the one in the vid. If you ever want a test drive just shout.

Thanks fellas. Back to making noise now...

that amp is a winner!
the clean tones freaked me out when i heard it in person at the la amp show. awesome.
and the crunch is as raw and marshally as i've heard from bogners, and they jump out of the amp with a punch.

ratter":shax00ef said:
That pretty much sums it up for me. It would be a great amp for that old dude in your avatar!
no kidding :D

i instantly thought landau would love that amp when i heard it!

I went to the store when Mike first demoed this amp. The cleans a truely something special IMO. And yes it gets a killer Marshall type tone. For thos that want a Fender clean and a Marshall crunch definitely check this amp out. Oh and Mike you can put that board with the switches on it on the floor and use your feet. This was you can switch while still playing. :D

Back