Need 50 posts :(

I've owned a Herbert actually and Pappa assisted me in modding channel two to get a less round tone out of it. I loved the Herbert, but couldn't justify keeping it when I got it for $1800 and had an offer of $2800 from an artist who I recorded. I had too many amps at the time and really couldn't narrow down what to keep and what to let go. Making 1k on an amp was a no brainer. Great amp, but 1k was too hard to resist.
With so many albums using direct recorded fiddles theses days I'm having to go that route (Axe Fx and Kemper). The direct recorded fiddles are sonic-ally different and have less air making them sit in the final mix different if the patch is created/made correctly. I've been losing some business due to not recording direct. :no: I prefer a tube head, cab, and mic. However everyone on the Perephery/AAL bandwagon want Axe Fx tones. They can be achieved to a certain extent via the old fashioned way, but the final mix doesn't have that direct sound.
Have to go with the trends I guess. I record and mix-master part-time and hate letting a decent job walk due to a gear issue.

Deanmachine":182o3gxj said:
Sold my axefx and bought an Einstein and a Herbert !

I had an AxeFX II for a bit. Thought I liked it well enough. Ended up buying another VH4, and after that I never turned on the AxeFX again.

My Diezels sound better at lower volumes than the Axe and that's after getting the whole Matrix power and cab thank you Peter Diezel!

very happy to play on diezel community since 5 years...the einstein is an amazing amp :rock:
hope we will have a new suprise from diezel on the next musikmesse.

best regards

after a long time gonna play the herbert again, this weekend its on!

What to do: change strings and have less playtime or leave them be and suck it up :LOL: :LOL:

BTW: if i had the cash id love to have a schmidt, i bet that clean channel is to die for :yes:

shadow070":2gtn3qqo said:
after a long time gonna play the herbert again, this weekend its on!

What to do: change strings and have less playtime or leave them be and suck it up :LOL: :LOL:

BTW: if i had the cash id love to have a schmidt, i bet that clean channel is to die for :yes:

Man, the clean channel on the D-moll is to die for :)

A touch of (external) reverb, and the neck PU of a Tele = gorgeuos.

Back