New Fortin Pedal Day!

squank

I just got my Fortin Fredrik Thordendal sig 33 pedal and it is AMAZING! :rock:

I dunno why it's called the '33'. It gives 22 dB boost and that special EQ to give your dirty amp that classic Fortin grindy tone. It cuts the low mids and boosts the high mids and the highs so you cut through without losing the lows.

Speaking of the Grind, I find this new pedal works better with my amp (Boogie Mark V) to get that classic Fortin modern high gain tone than the Grind does. Don't get me wrong - the Grind is great. I just dig the flavor of the 33 better. But the Grind had a much better paint job. You'll lose the 33 on a dark stage. Black on black is very metal, but not very easy to find.

I've owned four amps made or modded by Mike, and this pedal is a Fortin amp in a box.

Here's the Fortin website link

Go to 1:28 in the video to hear the thump:

I have the Grind. I listened to some clips, but they sound really similar. What's the difference you're hearing?

Not the op, but I have both and they're actually really different sounding. The eq curve is different enough that you'd likely be using different amp eq settings with each one. In a nutshell, the grind is a bit more direct & focused while the mids on the 33 are broader. I hear a bit more top end with the 33 too.

Vrad":2c90ryzd said:
I have the Grind. I listened to some clips, but they sound really similar. What's the difference you're hearing?
fearhk213":2c90ryzd said:
Not the op, but I have both and they're actually really different sounding. The eq curve is different enough that you'd likely be using different amp eq settings with each one. In a nutshell, the grind is a bit more direct & focused while the mids on the 33 are broader. I hear a bit more top end with the 33 too.
Thanks. I think that's a good description. The high end is emphasized without it sounding too scooped.

I should have mentioned the clip really should be listened to on good speakers with lots of low end. One of the great things about Fortin tone is how the punchy low end works with the cutting high mids. It's right on the edge of chopping off your head without sounding shrill or buzzy.

Really want to snag one of these as soon as they hit the used market...been a huge fan of the grind but this seems more up my alley tone wise.

These are cool for set and forget guys but I needed more adjustability and went with eq's eith boost. The VFE focus and then standout both beat out the grind for me, I think ill skip this one.

Back