NGD ‘79 LPC

LP Freak

Grabbed this one from Splawner. Killer guitar and a perfect replacement for the ‘79 I regretted selling a few years ago.

3AA6EEA5-2C3C-4F80-992D-95EACA96AA9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice guitfiddle Paul. How heavy is a 79. I had an 83 pearl white LPC that was probably 10lbs or so, it was a boat anchor that had a hard time staying in tune.

The 79 looks nice!

Nice guitfiddle Paul. How heavy is a 79. I had an 83 pearl white LPC that was probably 10lbs or so, it was a boat anchor that had a hard time staying in tune.

The 79 looks nice!
It’s 10 lbs on the nose so it’s actually on the lighter side for a Custom. I’ve seen them 13+ lbs, now that’s a boat anchor

HA, I think mine was on the heavier side of 10lbs it had a prototype Gibson Kahler style tremelo bridge that just wouldn't stay in tune, it really pissed me off as it was such a beautiful guitar..... sold it to a guy thought it was worth tons of money because of the prototype bridge. I was happy to see it go because I hated playing it for the tuning issues, I even engineered a fix to make the trem a hardtail and still it had tuning issues.

Anyway congrats on the new guitar, that would make a nice John Sykes tribute guitar. I've always liked the LPC over the standard for some reason.

Last edited:
congrats there !! just few days ago me too paid for an 2001 les paul 1957 black beauty and its kinda really aged didnt come with the original gibson burstbucker , customerbucker nor the classic 57... but its loaded with set of duncan antiquity neck and antiquity JB bridge.... i was wondering what pickup should i get to have best in both world being having nice metal tones, shred but not too much a compression... been looking at BKP rebel yell or riff raff or mule ?

That is awesome! Sexy beast right there. I briefly had an '80 and never should have returned it. Eventually need to grab another with a maple neck.

Back