Ok I'm going to make a strong drink now...

Number of the Beast (Maiden) was on the overhead music at Fred Meyer yesterday.
I was literally skipping down isle 6 singing “🎶 6 6 6, is the number of the beast 🎵” playing air bass…
 
I mean yes this is correct, but also "no shit sherlock"

Also that shouldn't be the takeaway from this video

The takeaway you guys should be receiving is "wow music changed a LOT from 85 to 2005, and changed almost not at all from 2005 to 2026"

Because all the bands that are "current" are still aping Tomas Haake/Meshuggah, "Clayman" period In Flames, and emo/deathcore just like they were in 2005 - it's just now they can fake it with either midi or AI.
 
Sometimes I feel like my whole identity is wrapped up in my music and the bands that I grew up with and still listen to even to this day and if I lost it what would I still enjoy? Ok, I am going to really get that drink now...:yes:
 
I mean yes this is correct, but also "no shit sherlock"

Also that shouldn't be the takeaway from this video

The takeaway you guys should be receiving is "wow music changed a LOT from 85 to 2005, and changed almost not at all from 2005 to 2026"

Because all the bands that are "current" are still aping Tomas Haake/Meshuggah, "Clayman" period In Flames, and emo/deathcore just like they were in 2005 - it's just now they can fake it with either midi or AI.
Both society and music changed concurrently. I remember back in the 80s when the mad mothers club in congress were suing the likes of Ozzy and Motley Crue, and AC/DC etc… because of the influence and suggestiveness of “modern music”. Now those kids (me) are adults and that same music is considered so benign it’s ambience worthy in a family shopping center.

 
Both society and music changed concurrently. I remember back in the 80s when the mad mothers club in congress were suing the likes of Ozzy and Motley Crue, and AC/DC etc… because of the influence and suggestiveness of “modern music”. Now those kids (me) are adults and that same music is considered so benign it’s ambience worthy in a family shopping center.



Yes, but the point i'm making is that Number of the Beast was family shopping center worthy in 2005 - which I know it is, because I heard that, and other maiden in stores in that time

the point i'm making is music stopped evolving on a musical level like it was frozen in time around the explosion of the internet

society kept changing, especially politically
 
Yes, but the point i'm making is that Number of the Beast was family shopping center worthy in 2005 - which I know it is, because I heard that, and other maiden in stores in that time

the point i'm making is music stopped evolving on a musical level like it was frozen in time around the explosion of the internet

society kept changing, especially politically
Humanity has devolved.

 
  • Like
Reactions: rsm
Sometimes I feel like my whole identity is wrapped up in my music and the bands that I grew up with and still listen to even to this day and if I lost it what would I still enjoy? Ok, I am going to really get that drink now...:yes:


i dont understand.. what exactly are you losing??
 
i dont understand.. what exactly are you losing??
I guess I mean that sometimes I take a break from playing and writing and even listening to music and try other things only to realize that its really the thing i enjoy the most, and sometimes when I feel burned out on it it gets depressing knowing I don't enjoy other things in the same way, and when the passion fades here and there for the love of music nothing else fills the void if that even makes sense?
 
I haven't graduated from the 70s.
80s and beyond is still foreign to me.
 
My dad listened to Les Paul. I listened to Slayer. My sons are not into music, and neither of them want to have children. Slayer destroys bloodlines.
 
Back
Top