Old Mesa Marks on Reverb - Creeping Up!

What to do with an SRG Red III head in great shape?

• 1. Play the sucker to death!

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • 2. Retire it and let it's value increase.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3. Selll it now in case you get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
I still don’t believe people are fetching these prices in actuality

Hmmmm....

https://reverb.com/item/39829014-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-1985
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

JimAnsell, do you know what are the differences between the Mark IVa and IVb are?? I've got a transitional head from 1996 right now, it's got some aspects of the A and some of the B, the cosmetics and attached cord are like a A but it has the stereo effects loop of the B. Anyways, it's a killer amp, i love it even more than the Mark III red stripe I used to own. Sounds tight and clear without getting harsh at band volumes. Perfect for my needs.

really there are 3 mark IV's, but no one seems to distinguish between the transition and the IVb. the transition has the attached power cord and stereo loop. i don't remember if i noticed a difference between the transition and IVb. as far as between the IVa, an IVb, its documented out there, i can hear and feel it all day. my buddy has one of each in his studio right now. I'm on the "A" team. :)

really there are 3 mark IV's, but no one seems to distinguish between the transition and the IVb. the transition has the attached power cord and stereo loop. i don't remember if i noticed a difference between the transition and IVb. as far as between the IVa, an IVb, its documented out there, i can hear and feel it all day. my buddy has one of each in his studio right now. I'm on the "A" team. :)
All I know is that they are very similar, so if you like one then you'd probably like the other, but the main differences are on R2. That's what i've heard from users of both a and b revisions. Oh, and I've also heard that the B version is slightly more modern sounding on the lead channel.

Back