Once again, to insulate or not, 4X12 cabinets?

So much of what we chase in tone is subjective to our own ears. So in essence this can’t be answered. If it sounds better to you insulated then so be it. If not then don’t. I think that applies to everything in guitar though. Just my 2 copper.

My Bogner cab has been the best sounding out of a lot of other 4x12s that I’ve had and it has the batting. I’ve never tried taking it out although I will say I had a used Bogner 4x12 in the past that the previous owner had removed it. I sold that cab pretty quick . Lots of variables though who knows.

You can always put it right back if it doesn’t work out
I'm curious about this. It looks like the staples holding batting to the back are thicker than normal paper staples. Would I need an industrial stapler to attach the batting back, or have you guys had success using a normal stapler/staples?

I'm curious about this. It looks like the staples holding batting to the back are thicker than normal paper staples. Would I need an industrial stapler to attach the batting back, or have you guys had success using a normal stapler/staples?

You don't use an office stapler, those staples won't hold. A regular staple gun from the hardware store is what you need. One like so...

1654249420304.png

Back