Played a 5150 III 50 Watt Last Night

goldtele

I was at a Fender party here in LA last night and got to check out the 50 watter. I was really impressed. I dug it more than the 100 watt. I didn't notice the scooped mids as much on the 50 as much as the 100. The clean was great and had a good amount of headroom. Breakup was really nice. I didn't dig channel 1 & 2 sharing the same gain control. That was a drawback for me but both channels sounded great. Channel 3 is channel 3. Over the top but controlable. . Messed with the resonance control. Like a another master presence I guess. I could take it or leave it... The cab had a lot of girth to it. Loved the Heritage 30's. It sounded really big and full. I would love to hear cranked through a 4x12. I think its a great gigging amp and has plenty of power. With the MIDI capablility, I would choose it over the 100.....

Cool clip. Welcome bro!! I actually have one now. Loving it more and more. Im playing on Jimmy Kimmel on monday and im gonna use i. Killer amp!!!!

goldtele":5qhcsvob said:
Cool clip. Welcome bro!! I actually have one now. Loving it more and more. Im playing on Jimmy Kimmel on monday and im gonna use i. Killer amp!!!!

Hey Joe if you get down to the OC anytime soon I'd love to try it out. :thumbsup:

quinnethan":e9qqv547 said:
goldtele":e9qqv547 said:

Hey Joe if you get down to the OC anytime soon I'd love to try it out. :thumbsup:

I will be out there on Sunday. I was thinking of bringing it then. Hit me up if you are going to come down!!!!!

goldtele":1aowrhee said:
I was at a Fender party here in LA last night and got to check out the 50 watter. I was really impressed. I dug it more than the 100 watt. I didn't notice the scooped mids as much on the 50 as much as the 100. The clean was great and had a good amount of headroom. Breakup was really nice. I didn't dig channel 1 & 2 sharing the same gain control. That was a drawback for me but both channels sounded great. Channel 3 is channel 3. Over the top but controlable. . Messed with the resonance control. Like a another master presence I guess. I could take it or leave it... The cab had a lot of girth to it. Loved the Heritage 30's. It sounded really big and full. I would love to hear cranked through a 4x12. I think its a great gigging amp and has plenty of power. With the MIDI capablility, I would choose it over the 100.....

Just got mine today. I also do not like the shared eq, but I still love this amp!

I went with the 100 just because of the shared controls. I do wish it had MIDI though.

I just ordered one off AMS...Black models are in stock. The white ones were last night, but this morning they were sold out. New expected shipment on Monday.

nwright":1r6rupts said:
I just ordered one off AMS...Black models are in stock. The white ones were last night, but this morning they were sold out. New expected shipment on Monday.
Starting to get annoyed. I ordered mine from Music 123 with the $150 off coupon 3 months ago (Ivory), and still nothing.

Now my account says it won't ship untill at least March 14th???

I love the sound of the 50 Watt 5150 III Head.

It almost makes me want to get a 100 Watt
Head.

But I am just playing at home so I guess I
don't really need it.

I would say if Clean sounds are important then
go with the 100 Watt.

But otherwise, they have done a pretty good job
of making all three channels sound great in a
lower wattage compact package.

Craig

nevusofota":1tw9xxg1 said:
nwright":1tw9xxg1 said:
Starting to get annoyed. I ordered mine from Music 123 with the $150 off coupon 3 months ago (Ivory), and still nothing.

Now my account says it won't ship untill at least March 14th???

TBH I'm kinda skeptical it's really in stock. I'm just waiting for a notice of delay or backorder.

craigbeckta":349gjvh9 said:
I would say if Clean sounds are important then
go with the 100 Watt.
Craig

I play a lot of R&B / Funk stuff where I need good clean headroom with a little breakup. I think it delivers just fine so far. I am gigging with it for the first time tonight so I guess we'll see. Its a smooth jazz gig so I definitely need the clean. This will be the test lol!!!!

nwright":21hp71mi said:

I ordered three months ago also and mine came yesterday. Did they send you a notice awhile back saying theywere still on backorder but if you did not contact them in 15 days the order would be cancelled? Did to me a few weeks ago. When I called they said they were shipping out this week.

Here's the video clip again:

I just figured out how to embed
YouTube videos...

Let me know how the gig goes.

Hoping to get a matching 2x12 cab
soon.

Cleans are very important to me. Plus I didn't want to sacrifice the blue channel to have nice cleans. I'll pick up an Amp Gizmo once my bank account heals a little for buying the 5153, lol... For now, I'll just do a bit of tap dancing at shows. :)

nwright":x265390x said:

I ordered my black one from AMS last Friday, and it was backordered...they didn't get enough in to fill the backorder this week. I saw today that the website showed they had them in stock, so I called and they said it was a mistake, that they were still backordered. Post back here if yours ships on Monday so I can call back and tear some ass if mine doesn't :gethim: ;)

Back