Question for the high wattage amp guys here about playing at home

Once you have an attenuator or even better a load box, all you need are heads and start an amp farm.

To be honest there isn't really a whole lot going for using 100W heads that way as many of them have been downsized into studio small venue heads. You can get really close to how the 100Ws sound in the same IR setup.

Once you have an attenuator or even better a load box, all you need are heads and start an amp farm.

To be honest there isn't really a whole lot going for using 100W heads that way as many of them have been downsized into studio small venue heads. You can get really close to how the 100Ws sound in the same IR setup.
IR = digital

Not the same
Not sayin it cant sound close

Not eb
Nothing says "big dick energy" like trying to convince everybody you have big dick energy by using the phrase "big dick energy" sincerely.

I’ll put anything against my boosted blue channel Bogner and the in room will 100% get demolished by whatever’s next to it. I’ve never in my life heard an amp as inspiring or as big sounding as the old iron 101Bs.

Modern gear (minis, IRs, modeling, etc) is great for recording and convenience assuming you have the knowledge to make it sound good. Even then, the live difference is very notable.

I'm sitting here, ears RINGING (must stop paying attention to it). I like big bottle lower watt amps. Smallbox was last 50 water, loved it, but made the tinnitus worse. So Bogner 3534 is highest wattage I have. Disclosure, I'm old.

I'm sitting here, ears RINGING (must stop paying attention to it). I like big bottle lower watt amps. Smallbox was last 50 water, loved it, but made the tinnitus worse. So Bogner 3534 is highest wattage I have. Disclosure, I'm old.
The 3534 will get fucking loud, way loud, and sound pretty damn good at that point too.

Wang it up then by this line of thought.

Justify it all you want. Nothing China, junk or shittily performing questionable "amp" will outperform a USA made amp: Mesa, Orange, Friedman, Bogner, Peavey USA, England Marshall, or German Deizel.

Its this, nutshelled: We as amp buyers (those countries mentioned) don't BELIEVE in communist made countries are acting in good faith regarding humanitarian needs.
So get the bare minumum outta the shithole and build based off what the AMP maker finds tolerable within those hawt ass +50/-60 specs and move on, build one.

Want an example?

Indonesia, China and indochina guitars

They are all shit. If the setup is shit, the guitar is shit. Same with amps, but keep justifying NOT buying American and "look how i can hotrod this"
Either its a big dick, or its just not.

Also.... I hear at the Okinawa bazaar the Masinkyov preamps are $15 per rack space. Your choice. C+. Dual. Lonestar. 800...jtm...

At the end of the day. We all see the "Armitron" label. It's "not a swatch" but keep pretending.

Doesnt mean im headed the fuck over there to find out if I can Danier'San my way through the mess of q$a amp and guitar production with a hand chop thru 7 ice blocks. It just means i know what to avoid.

Seriously tho...in this day and age, Fuck this support for foreign shit, and ignorance for American quality.

No China amp maker has a $10k amplifier currently selling in this market. None.

Just knock offs. That's why Megadeth is "good enough" for some of you.

Silver.

2nd place.

Go get it. Some neighbors fuckin your wife while you wheedle away at your 15/3/1 watt amp. Maybe even as soon "as its loud enough" shell be over to fuck me.. i already know she saw my fingers railing your acoustic at church practice on CCD night.

Once Iphone makes amps: world record guitar attempts

0 successes

I hate mostly all of you. For years.
WTF does Okinawa have to do with Chinese made products? Geography is hard for some.

I also think you can practice at headphone volume or clean guitar not loud or acoustic, and that ethic will transfer at any volume better than hiding behind disto and fx.

Ironic. I built an amp wall and usually only practice acoustic. So I'm def still a noob in every guitar and sonic regard.

I never have less than 50 watt amps. I think that 105 to 110 dbs is my sweet spot. That's where i like the volume in a bedroom situation. 85-95 dbs most of the big amps will sound good, but you crank that master a bit more and it makes a difference. If you play metal, then you aren't really going past noon on the master anyway, cuz you aren't trying to make it a bucket of mush. everyone says 100 watt amps are made for a stadium. But you get a lot more punch out of one even at relatively low volumes. If you live in an apartment, get an amp you can use headphones with or something. But if you live in a house, get the amp you want. And hit your wife if she bitches about volume.

WTF does Okinawa have to do with Chinese made products? Geography is hard for some.

I just know the far east markets used to have bazaar style electronics fairs. Nothing personal. Just a ranting lunatic like the rest of you. Haha. Just please play loud!

I agree big iron for the tone. I have the 20, but when I’m feeling really manly……I plug into the 30 and go wireless for the complete freedom of my manly hoodness..

A28E5CE6-A9A9-464D-AFF4-8A09B7935346.jpeg

Back