So what are you guys using for practice amps?

5150clone

I've have my Peavey Transfex 208 for 20 years. Perfect little amp for a quick jam or learning tunes on. It's been sitting underneath a lamp stand next to my computer for years. Finally shut down for good. I need something for the bedroom. Some of these desktop amps look interesting. What say you?

If I feel like making my ears hurt

file.jpeg

If I hear like making my ears happy

11937458_1644679819142582_3375762725681425279_o.jpg

I don't play out, I just practice.

I used to use my Eleven Rack, but ever since I got a Torpedo Live I just use my 5153 or my Uberschall.

Was thinking about waiting for the lunch box version of the 5153. if indeed its really coming soon. until then ill brave the heat of the garage.

My live rig - turned down. It sounds better cranked, but works just fine at bedroom volumes for home jamming and learning...

Bogner Shiva
Master volume is very good on that amp, I can play comfortably at house friendly volumes.

Prior to that I was using a Marshall JVM1H (1 watt 50th anniversary). The little JVM is cool but somewhat lacking in bass. It has a decent loop, I filled out the sound a bit with an EQ. I haven't used the JVM a whole lot since getting the Shiva but I'm still in the honeymoon phase. :LOL: :LOL:

I find that by not using an amp while practicing I sound like I'm improving by the minute due to the fact that you can't hear my suckage at all :D

5150clone":qd1jumve said:
Was thinking about waiting for the lunch box version of the 5153. if indeed its really coming soon. until then ill brave the heat of the garage.

Do it mang! :rock:

I've been using the P2/Tubecake combo and assorted pedals on top of a Diezel 112 cab for my TV volume practice rig.

221C5F4E-3A9C-42C0-8DE7-10465DAFD246_zpsdu3vegjv.jpg

F93754C4-6AF9-4F46-B66F-C338B7EFDA1F_zps4bmszv3h.jpg

simple practice.

Macbook pro, Apogee, Logic Pro X with Positive Grid Bias FX plug-in (various amp models (Marshall, Diezel, etc)...

Back