Soldano Slo 100 Namm 2020

It was never over according to Mike. Mike sold the Company to BAD while remaining a part of the company in a design capacity. I believe that was fully covered here as well.

Oh ok. I just remember the vibe as being finished. The 30w head is at $2400 I think he said at the end of the video. He never mentioned the 100h price. He being the guitarist, not Mike. Im sure it will be on the site though.
Hell, I'll sell my mesa and marshall to get one.

Yes, the price was conveniently not mentioned when the discussion of price was taken up.... interesting

The 30 will start at $2500 and the finish that they showed in the interview salt and pepper will be $300 additional

From what I have heard they should be under the 4 grand mark.
Hand wired with DC heaters, all new effects loop that works with all pedals and Depth Knob as a standard feature which can be turned to O and gives you the original stock SLO tones and then added to tastes as needed for more low end thump at lower volume!

I have my order in! :rock:

They disclosed only the 30w price in the video and then mentioned how they found it funny that it was so affordable.
Was kinda vague and no reference to 100 price at all.
I was kinda hoping the 100 wouldnt be too far from 3k, but yeah, I'm sure it will be near 4k.

Limited dealers will be carrying them as I was told maybe 10 so far and since BAD hasn't formally announced the dealers yet I will respectfully not announce who I have placed it with as of yet but lets just say I used to live in Colorado and my favorite guitar shop is there that I also used to work at
so you can guess the rest... :D

ElectricVoodoo":3ebtngag said:
They disclosed only the 30w price in the video and then mentioned how they found it funny that it was so affordable.
Was kinda vague and no reference to 100 price at all.
I was kinda hoping the 100 wouldnt be too far from 3k, but yeah, I'm sure it will be near 4k.

Considering what it is and factoring the cost of Friedman BE Deluxe , Bogner Ecstasy 20th Anniversary , Diezel ETC.. I think around 4 grand is a fair price for what it is myself.

someone posted that premier guitar said the SLO will be 4100... that's too much, sorry. It needs to be around 3699 like the friedmans.. sure as hell doesn't cost more to produce than the BE 100

I thought the 30W sounded more pissed off and just generally better all around. At least IMHO.

Wizard of Ozz":2ak1ia1b said:
I sense a disturbance in the SLO collectors market. $5K for that 2017 SLO???... ummm... maybe not.

:LOL: :LOL:

Why not? A new one costs $4k apparently and anyone can go to a dealer and buy one (if they can afford it). But if you want one with the DeYoung transformers, you are forced to buy a pre-BAD amp and have to convince someone to sell. I wouldn't be surprised if the old amps maintain their current prices.

I kinda doubt the transformers will really make a different to the tone, but it's hard to believe anyone really believes any $4k amp purchase is purely about "tone." That's a luxury purchase, and we're all about collecting and playing cool and fun stuff, and the DeYoungs still are "cool and fun" to a lot of people. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make someone a bad person if they only want to sell their SLO for $5k.

cardinal":1glcds3f said:
Wizard of Ozz":1glcds3f said:
I sense a disturbance in the SLO collectors market. $5K for that 2017 SLO???... ummm... maybe not.

Why not? A new one costs $4k apparently and anyone can go to a dealer and buy one (if they can afford it). But if you want one with the DeYoung transformers, you are forced to buy a pre-BAD amp and have to convince someone to sell. I wouldn't be surprised if the old amps maintain their current prices.

I kinda doubt the transformers will really make a different to the tone, but it's hard to believe anyone really believes any $4k amp purchase is purely about "tone." That's a luxury purchase, and we're all about collecting and playing cool and fun stuff, and the DeYoungs still are "cool and fun" to a lot of people. Nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make someone a bad person if they only want to sell their SLO for $5k.
I really hope the new ones can sound as good as the old ones. Just like a Wizard, the originals have a ‘3D’ thing going on when you hit 2 on the master. Bloom, whatever.. if these new versions can do that we have a winner.
:rock:

Racerxrated":126bj20w said:
cardinal":126bj20w said:
Wizard of Ozz":126bj20w said:

I really hope the new ones can sound as good as the old ones. Just like a Wizard, the originals have a ‘3D’ thing going on when you hit 2 on the master. Bloom, whatever.. if these new versions can do that we have a winner.

So far I've seen comments from people at NAMM that have played them saying it sounds like a SLO, and I know at least one of them currently owns a SLO.

technomancer":2okqr3hm said:
Racerxrated":2okqr3hm said:
cardinal":2okqr3hm said:
Wizard of Ozz":2okqr3hm said:

So far I've seen comments from people at NAMM that have played them saying it sounds like a SLO, and I know at least one of them currently owns a SLO.
Good news. Looking forward to the first few reviews here! Such an iconic amp; everyone should try one sometime.

Back