Soldano Slo 100 Namm 2020

BigGuitars":rde0dp6l said:
I’m heading down to Blues City Music in Memphis tomorrow to check out some Soldanos. I’m just now kind of getting into them. Never plugged up to one before. Looking at either the HR25, or holding out for the new SLO30. Everyone is saying they’re the same thing. Is that actually true? Thought the HR25 had that transistor.....”squish”, or whatever you call it, where it squishes the 50w into 25w like a variac and makes it sound more “Marshall brown soundish” (I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about obviously). Does the new SLO30 have that?

It's a lower plate voltage on the power tubes in them but the preamp runs at the same voltage as the 100w. The power section running at lower voltage can soften the tone somewhat, but nothing like running a variac and dropping the voltage on the entire amp.

I'm sure the guy at Blues City will give you a long extended spiel about why you should buy his massively marked up HR25 (assuming he still has one) over the SLO30, but looking at components etc of the two amps I would just wait for the new one. He seems pretty bitter overall about BAD buying Soldano so take that into account while talking to him. To speculate it seems likely he had a sweet contract with Mike and BAD wanted a normal dealer agreement with him under their normal terms and it pissed him off.

BigGuitars":21b9de88 said:
I’m heading down to Blues City Music in Memphis tomorrow to check out some Soldanos. I’m just now kind of getting into them. Never plugged up to one before. Looking at either the HR25, or holding out for the new SLO30. Everyone is saying they’re the same thing. Is that actually true? Thought the HR25 had that transistor.....”squish”, or whatever you call it, where it squishes the 50w into 25w like a variac and makes it sound more “Marshall brown soundish” (I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about obviously). Does the new SLO30 have that?

Blues City Music no longer carries Soldano since Soldano moved to BAD.

The HR25 I have is a little browner and looser on the low end, but still sounds like a big amp.

BigGuitars":nebajik2 said:
Yup. BCM no longer carry Soldano. Hopefully you read this before you made the trip.

People had plenty of time to check this amp out. It`s been around since 1989. just saying It was all the rage for the first ten years.

Back