Soldano Slo 100 Namm 2020

I just got off the phone with Avi Elkiss. The research, detail and time they spent on many different components of the new SLO truly is impressive. From the transformers to the choice and shade and manufacturer of white powder coating used on the chassis. Mike and their engineer Peter spent approximately a year or more working on the transformer and checking the QC of the manufactured products.

BAD has as much respect for the Soldano product as anybody on this thread.

They played both new heads at NAMM and they sound great.

index.php

Six Stringer":1i6erw5q said:
nevusofota":1i6erw5q said:
Six Stringer":1i6erw5q said:
I've been quoted $3999 from two different businesses offering preorders.
Which businesses?

Guitar Guru Network.

Beware of GGN. He has lied to me twice about having products in stock which he did not. Lied about shipping . Etc. I know he has lost at least one franchise because of his business practices.

Marshall Freak":q02wuii3 said:
From soldano...

About the transfomers:

The transformers of the new SLO-100 are hand wound, one at a time, by Magnetic Compoments using the exact same specs as the Deyoung ones (which are no longer available). Magnetic Compoments did an amazing job on these and they deserve the recognition.

These transfomers, especially the output transformer, are very complicated in design and take a ridiculously long to produce. The first production of the SLO-100 is therefore limited to 100 amps worldwide which will take months to finish. More transformers are being built but it’s a slow process.

We know how high the bar was set with the SLO-100. We know the high level of scrutiny that would come when we released the amp. We are celebrating a bit because Mike, Peter and everyone at BAD worked on this for nearly two years and we are smiling ear to ear with the results.

And while the most important, the transformers are just a part of the story of the new amps. We paid attention to everything (every single minute detail). We know it sounds cliche but it was a labour of love because just like you, we are also die hard Soldano fans.

Ultimately you need judge for yourself and we welcome it. Anyone in LA that wants to come by and give them a test drive please let us know.

These are exciting times for Soldano. We love the passion and debate of the loyal fan base. Like all Soldanos - these go to 11!

Marketing.

Luca79":3s2fgb2y said:
Marshall Freak":3s2fgb2y said:
From soldano...

About the transfomers:

The transformers of the new SLO-100 are hand wound, one at a time, by Magnetic Compoments using the exact same specs as the Deyoung ones (which are no longer available). Magnetic Compoments did an amazing job on these and they deserve the recognition.

These transfomers, especially the output transformer, are very complicated in design and take a ridiculously long to produce. The first production of the SLO-100 is therefore limited to 100 amps worldwide which will take months to finish. More transformers are being built but it’s a slow process.

We know how high the bar was set with the SLO-100. We know the high level of scrutiny that would come when we released the amp. We are celebrating a bit because Mike, Peter and everyone at BAD worked on this for nearly two years and we are smiling ear to ear with the results.

And while the most important, the transformers are just a part of the story of the new amps. We paid attention to everything (every single minute detail). We know it sounds cliche but it was a labour of love because just like you, we are also die hard Soldano fans.

Ultimately you need judge for yourself and we welcome it. Anyone in LA that wants to come by and give them a test drive please let us know.

These are exciting times for Soldano. We love the passion and debate of the loyal fan base. Like all Soldanos - these go to 11!

Marketing.

Yeah everybody knows DeYoung used the last of the fairy dust...

stratjacket":32fjofwj said:
Help, anyone know where I can order a SLO-30?
I don’t think they’re going to be available for shipping for several more months. My understanding was June but that may change.

IntenseJim":3v1wcfqx said:
stratjacket":3v1wcfqx said:
I don’t think they’re going to be available for shipping for several more months. My understanding was June but that may change.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't really clear. I would like to place a pre-order but I am not sure who will be a dealer for the Soldano/BAD partnership, preferably a dealer east of the Mississippi?

stratjacket":dyvhfybw said:
IntenseJim":dyvhfybw said:
stratjacket":dyvhfybw said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't really clear. I would like to place a pre-order but I am not sure who will be a dealer for the Soldano/BAD partnership, preferably a dealer east of the Mississippi?

Check with these guys...I bet they will be

https://bluescitymusic.com/collections/soldano

mhenson42":5bgs13yo said:
stratjacket":5bgs13yo said:
IntenseJim":5bgs13yo said:
stratjacket":5bgs13yo said:

They will not be offering them. You can see in his posting that he terminated with BAD giving up his Soldano, Friedman, and Diezel dealerships, stating he has not been happy dealing with them.

glip22":1cdudnas said:
mhenson42":1cdudnas said:
stratjacket":1cdudnas said:
IntenseJim":1cdudnas said:
stratjacket":1cdudnas said:

They will not be offering them. You can see in his posting that he terminated with BAD giving up his Soldano, Friedman, and Diezel dealerships, stating he has not been happy dealing with them.

Lol. Would have helped if I actually read the page. :doh: . I just knew he was a big Soldano guy

Doesn't Sweetwater carry other BAD offerings? It might be worth giving them a call and ask.

Thunkful":11a8o1d7 said:
Never understood the craze over these amps. Not that they are bad amps, but don't they require a boost in front to sound and feel good?

Not at all! Lots of gain and tons of fluid feel, while also being more articulate than any amp I e ever played or owned.

https://youtu.be/7jQntEMPUhM

fatbagg":3civfw1l said:
Thunkful":3civfw1l said:
Never understood the craze over these amps. Not that they are bad amps, but don't they require a boost in front to sound and feel good?

Not at all! Lots of gain and tons of fluid feel, while also being more articulate than any amp I e ever played or owned.

https://youtu.be/7jQntEMPUhM

What speakers are you playing through?

I believe it was the Oversized Diezel cab with two Avatar-Fane M65’s. My other cab is a pine cab that has Mesa v30 and Emi gb128

I’m heading down to Blues City Music in Memphis tomorrow to check out some Soldanos. I’m just now kind of getting into them. Never plugged up to one before. Looking at either the HR25, or holding out for the new SLO30. Everyone is saying they’re the same thing. Is that actually true? Thought the HR25 had that transistor.....”squish”, or whatever you call it, where it squishes the 50w into 25w like a variac and makes it sound more “Marshall brown soundish” (I don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about obviously). Does the new SLO30 have that?

I dont think theres any "transistor" squish, but most the the amps like the ar15, the marshall studios and mini jubilee are using el34, and they're 25-30 watts instead of 50 because they're using less voltage... I guess that's like putting a variac on a bigger amp, but dont feel they are all that much different in feel. I havent played the soldano or the marshall studio series but I have jubilee and while it's not as if sounding as the 100 and 50 watt versions I've owned, it still has the same tone and a very close "feel" most guys seem to really love the ar15 and say it's super close to an SLO.. will really be interesting to see how the new 30 sounds.

Back