Soldano v Friedman v Mesa Rec3 Rev G v Mark V v Marshall DSL

Very cool. I agree that they all sound dark though. That is just my opinion. Add an appropriate boost however and that would change the ballgame.

Not sure on this one. Does the Impulse Response speaker option change the game. Not much seperation.

Cool video. I didn't like the overall tone of the Mark V - I cannot articulate what I disliked. I didn't like the mutes / low end for the DSL first riff (a little too flubby / farty) but the second set of riffs sounded good. I know the video maker said that he doesn't like boosting but I kinda feel like at the very least the Triple Rec and the DSL would benefit immensely from a boost up front.

The Friedman was disappointing. Wasn't a huge fan of the mkv. SLO was great.

I wish there wasn't so much post processing.

Least favorite was the Mark V. Interesting that the GEQ was scooped, it still had a nasally-middy sound. Friedman was also a disappointment. SLO sounded the best, but what was surprising was how much better it sounded than the rest of them. DSL once again shows what a good value it is.

milkchickenbomb":xa7v7ixb said:
Least favorite was the Mark V. Interesting that the GEQ was scooped, it still had a nasally-middy sound.

That is the Mark sound!! Even fully scooped they are not as scooped as a Recto. The V is just to get them close to normal. The funny part is even so a Recto sits better in a multi-guitar mix due to where the mids sit..

Soldano sounds the best in the mix, but the worst out of the mix. The BE, and Mark sound best out of the mix, but the worst in the mix.

A vid like this, without any of them boosted, is a waste of time. IMO. The Triple and DSL at a minimum should have a boost in front; that's how they are run 99% of the time. I love the SLO tone WITH a boost; it is just ok without one. 90% of the amps I own/have owned sound much better with a boost; very few of them are best without one.

The Depht at 0 on the SLO is the same value without the mod? Or should be at noon for match the standard not modded?

Luca79":2e1b6grv said:
The Depht at 0 on the SLO is the same value without the mod? Or should be at noon for match the standard not modded?

Yes depth on 0 is 100% stock.

Back