reignman454
Well-known member
Looks like Vai is moving out of Encino. Some good gear and studio pics. I noticed among the amps he has a Friedman Jose and what looks to be a JCM or DSL combo:
Didn't expect to see PRS content NGL...
Looks like Vai is moving out of Encino. Some good gear and studio pics. I noticed among the amps he has a Friedman Jose and what looks to be a JCM or DSL combo:
Well that doesn’t suck.Didn't expect to see PRS content NGL...
Have to say that the place has no real style or soul. Vanilla as can be.Didn't expect to see PRS content NGL...
It was fun in the 80's to early 90's to me. That's when you could get anywhere from anywhere in 15 minutes. Parking was free or maybe $5 anywhere. It was safe enough that my friends and I as jr high and high school kids roamed around without worry. The people were much more gracious. There was always a bunch to do and most of it was affordable even to a high school kid. Everywhere you went the restaurants and music spots had a long history that was awesome to learn about and incredible musicians were everywhere. Now it's just any other big city with condos going to the sky. Drunks roam around everywhere. Everything costs a fortune. It's dangerous. People are assholes wherever you go. All of the cool spots have been leveled to put up overpriced everything (restaurants, apartments etc.) Nothing has a history and the town is 100% run for commerce. Not to mention it's miserable to try to drive or commute to, in or around. I live 20 minutes away and only go in if I have no other choice (like my son's wedding in a few weeks). I've have not idea why anyone would want to move here anymore. Even the music scene is crap. All of the great old studios are leveled for condos. Live music is a bunch of commercial copies of one another. Lots of talent still, but everyone I know or knew who was in the music business (I was a professional recording engineer for many years) has been forced out of Nashville because they can't afford it anymore or they've given up and moved on.
I'm not sure when the turn happened. I went away for a decade or so to college. It was starting during that time but was still ok. Since Covid, though, when half of CA, NY and IL moved here, the deterioration has increased exponentially. I go years between going into Nashville proper at this point. I go around it.
If so I'm guessing he's either going to Nashville, Texas, or Florida....
Look at some of the outboard gear on his setup....pretty sweet stuff right there!!!
You couldn't pay me to live inside city limits so good luck to Steve. I live south of Austin and tbh I think the last gig I did there was sometime in early 2025. I mostly find myself out in Gruene or Wimberley where the parking is free, the gigs pay better, and people tip a lot more=five piece band. Prior to that I was a-holes and elbows in Austin many nights a week with a three piece band trying to scrape by. I dumped 3k just into parking in Austin during 2018 if that says anything. Made a nice tax write off I guess...I guarantee he’s moving to Austin.
Just like California and Seattle.
He’ll love the music scene in Austin.
You can be as G*y as you want to be there .
I was in Wimberley quite frequently until recently. Had family that lived out that way but they moved due to work.You couldn't pay me to live inside city limits so good luck to Steve. I live south of Austin and tbh I think the last gig I did there was sometime in early 2025. I mostly find myself out in Gruene or Wimberley where the parking is free, the gigs pay better, and people tip a lot more=five piece band. Prior to that I was a-holes and elbows in Austin many nights a week with a three piece band trying to scrape by. I dumped 3k just into parking in Austin during 2018 if that says anything. Made a nice tax write off I guess...
It's really nice out there but was outta my price range when I went home shopping. I lived there as a renter from '11-13 on my first TX move. I've always had good fortune finding gigs there right from the start. One of the joints burnt down, another club owner was killed (RIP) after selling his bar and I went a few years without any shows there. Another place I started gigging at burnt down a year or so ago but now there are two really nice venues out there, one of which is among my top places to play so I been out there as recently as a week or two ago...I was in Wimberley quite frequently until recently. Had family that lived out that way but they moved due to work.
Encino has a lot of nice properties. I went to Jr High in Encino in the late 70's. Fun times...He’s not moving out of Cali, they moved into a different house a couple years ago in San Fran or San Bernardino or something, they’re just selling the Encino house.
You couldn't pay me to live inside city limits so good luck to Steve. I live south of Austin and tbh I think the last gig I did there was sometime in early 2025. I mostly find myself out in Gruene or Wimberley where the parking is free, the gigs pay better, and people tip a lot more=five piece band. Prior to that I was a-holes and elbows in Austin many nights a week with a three piece band trying to scrape by. I dumped 3k just into parking in Austin during 2018 if that says anything. Made a nice tax write off I guess...
Have to say that the place has no real style or soul. Vanilla as can be.