Tried a GEB-7 Bass Equalizer in the loop and

When i need an EQ for the loop on an amp I have had good luck and have been sticking with the smaller MXR 6 band eq over the boss ones as they seem a little quieter...

Anyway I always love reading your posts and threads cause your forum handle make me lol...

:LOL: :LOL:

I have used a 7 band fish and chips EQ from time to time. Used the Boss GEQ-7 on bass. As I am sure most are aware, the key to keep the noise down is to cut frequencies and not to boost them. EQ is a powerfully tool, nice to have available.

I used to run a 10-band in the loop of my amps but I found that I was always second guessing my settings and it never really sounded way better to my ears, so I dumped it. I'm still a fan of equalizers and they are a great tool for shaping tones, just got a little too OCD always trying to tweak the sliders.

I do however like putting a 6-band at the end of my chain when I boost my Muff with a TS to raise the upper mids and treble a bit, but that's set and forget.

I don't see why a bass Eq wouldn't work. Didn't gilmour use a bass pre amp in his rack?

I use a GEQ-7 in the loop and a sniper mod GEQ-7 in front :LOL: :LOL: once I put the Eq in the loop I couldn't believe how more open it sounded and can't play without it :doh:

I have the MXR and the boss and the boss is way smoother and quieter to my ears...I have a DOD that sounded OK but the boss took it, heard the fish and chips is great too...glad you tried it Dickola with the RD45, like a new amp, now play around with some OD pedals and youll get more tones, I just picked up the EHX soul food and east river drive for under a hundred bucks and I gotta tell you the soul food is incredible!

Lampshade1973":3a09xm45 said:
I have the MXR and the boss and the boss is way smoother and quieter to my ears...I have a DOD that sounded OK but the boss took it, heard the fish and chips is great too...glad you tried it Dickola with the RD45, like a new amp, now play around with some OD pedals and youll get more tones, I just picked up the EHX soul food and east river drive for under a hundred bucks and I gotta tell you the soul food is incredible!
There is a mod'd soul food pedal that sounds f'n awesome :yes:

DICKOLA":2fcp83u9 said:
jlbaxe":2fcp83u9 said:
I don't see why a bass Eq wouldn't work. Didn't gilmour use a bass pre amp in his rack?

I use a GEQ-7 in the loop and a sniper mod GEQ-7 in front :LOL: :LOL: once I put the Eq in the loop I couldn't believe how more open it sounded and can't play without it :doh:

Did he really ? I didn't know he did. I guess if it worked for him, whos to say its not right? :thumbsup:
Alembic F-2B

Back