Vader Cabinets Are Back

That’s awesome news!

Look how cool I was with my Vader 2x12!

IMG_3883.jpeg

Not hating, Jncos are back I guess.
I think that pic was from a dozen years ago or so. Lots of hot topic clothes for my metalcore band.
I wasn’t fashionable enough when jncos were big the first time around, but I love seeing them on my friends in old pictures. I did own a lot of windbreaker material though lol

I haven’t played my Vader in a long while
How many cabs you have? I have a mills acoustic, and a lot of guys talk about how they are boomy or directional. The thing works really well in my space. All I can find are people talking about how bad the Vaders sound, but i am sure that isn't the case otherwise they wouldn't be so popular. What do you think?

How many cabs you have? I have a mills acoustic, and a lot of guys talk about how they are boomy or directional. The thing works really well in my space. All I can find are people talking about how bad the Vaders sound, but i am sure that isn't the case otherwise they wouldn't be so popular. What do you think?

ten 4/2x12s. the vader is kind of dark, flat and sterile. i honestly havent played it in years, maybe ill dust it off soon and give it a whirl

I have 3 Mills, and love them. They are like any other well built OS 4x12 cab with good bracing and materials. I own or have owned a few popular 4x12 cabs, Mesa OS, Rectifier, Marshall 1960A, 1960AV, Krank, Splawn, Peavey, Randall etc. I would buy another Mills if I could find it. Never owned a Vader though. Have heard praises and knocks...I have a friend on here that loves them for his metal band, but also have respected RaceU4Her's opinion for a long time.

Wasn't impressed with the Vader cabs I tried. Mesa Oversized 4X12 still hit the spot me. That said, always did want to try the Bogner Uberkab with mixed speakers.

I have 3 Mills, and love them. They are like any other well built OS 4x12 cab with good bracing and materials. I own or have owned a few popular 4x12 cabs, Mesa OS, Rectifier, Marshall 1960A, 1960AV, Krank, Splawn, Peavey, Randall etc. I would buy another Mills if I could find it. Never owned a Vader though. Have heard praises and knocks...I have a friend on here that loves them for his metal band, but also have respected RaceU4Her's opinion for a long time.
Yeah. Definitely well built. I love the thing too. I have had quite a few cabs come and go, but the Mills stays. Randall xl i had was really a good one also. And the evh cabs I think are fantastic. I definitely trust what @RaceU4her says too. But flat as in flat eq isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it is flat as in boring..maybe different. Sterile is a word no man likes to hear. Way too sanitary. I need something nasty.

if nasty is what you are looking for the vader would be the last cab i would go for, if youre playing surgical tight death metal like i was when i got mine it may be worth a shot.

At one time I had a Vader 412 that I got in a trade (never opened it to see what speakers and owner didn’t know), a 1960ax, 1960a, original 1960b w/g1265’s, Mather 4x12 w/Heritage G12M’s, EVH 412, and a G-Flex 412. The Vader was by far my least favorite. As said, it was flat and boring as hell …..at least with M style amps. Could have been the speakers, but I hated it so much that I sold it within 2 weeks for $200 just to free up space. FWIW, the 2nd worst to my ears was the 1960b with 65’s..….which people rave about. So maybe my ears are f,’’d.

Back