WALL of gear pics... So Fun

Zachman

IMG_0286_zpsd68758ce.jpg

IMG_0287_zps6508a704.jpg

IMG_0256_zps705a131d.jpg

IMG_0275_zps9480d562.jpg

Dude I can't imagine any kind of a better life for a gearhead than to own a high end music shop.

Congrats and keep posting those!

gibson5413":14nw9mzo said:
Looks awesome! Those guitars are killer. Is that a Valley Arts?

Thanks, Yes Valley Arts. Solid Maple. KILLER guitar!!! I just had a MAJOR overhaul of the guitar. Planed the neck, new Jumbo 6100 frets, etc...

IMG_0272_zpsf08b6937.jpg

T2eC16hHJHwE9n8ikLnzBQu9QQkPJg60_12.jpg

T2eC16VzQE9s3ssVhVBQu9QloI3g60_12.jpg

T2eC16ZHJGwE9nyUZlnBQu9Qoj0g60_12.jpg

Steinmetzify":2boyb09y said:
Dude I can't imagine any kind of a better life for a gearhead than to own a high end music shop.

Congrats and keep posting those!

Brah, I still can't believe it... :LOL: :LOL: Whoda thunk it? ;) I started out here as a part time guitar instructor. :LOL: :LOL:

Dude it's a trifecta, living in beautiful Hawaii , killer gear collection, owning a music store/doing what you love :rock:

Zach, that is so kick ass! Every time I see the pics and see your personal gear there mixed-in with everything else, I picture some poor dude pointing at guitar after guitar because they are so great and you saying "That one is not for sale", lol!

Now that you have the shop is everything up for grabs?

ripleyripley":1j8ipvp7 said:
Zach, that is so kick ass! Every time I see the pics and see your personal gear there mixed-in with everything else, I picture some poor dude pointing at guitar after guitar because they are so great and you saying "That one is not for sale", lol!

Now that you have the shop is everything up for grabs?

That actually happens. No, my crazy personal gear is not for sale, but I do have a few things that I've had for a while for sale. I have it at the shop so I can tinker when it's slow, to demo pedals etc... and for FUN, when the POD/Axe-FX--modeller guys want to come in and act superior-- it has a way of putting a mofo of a reality check in place. THAT is quite funny (to me), to watch their theories meet head on with reality-- and unravel, when it's A/B'd with the real stuff. It also makes it really easy to plug in a head, and demo for customers.

IndyWS6":38nv3aec said:
What is the green striped EVH-inspired guitar? I like that. A lot :thumbsup:

Charvel... My buddy Jay's guitar. He used to work at Valley Arts, in S. California. He painted the guitar himself. Good guitarist. He comes by every now and again, and cranks up the big rig and goes off. FUN stuff.

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Steinmetzify":3emkuppy said:

You forgot the "in Hawaii" part! Sweet mother...

joepete77":2p8c0ti0 said:
Dude it's a trifecta, living in beautiful Hawaii , killer gear collection, owning a music store/doing what you love :rock:

That guitar is NEON Pink and I swear looks like it's glowing under a black light in broad day light. It's SO radical, that cameras don't pickup the color right. I sold that one to a student of mine. She had to have it. I did have about half a dozen offers on the guitar though. I may need to get some bodies painted in that color and assemble some "Hot Licks" Guitars for sale.

602164_447353505333268_260237664_n.jpg

64619_433544580047494_383935811_n.jpg

As a Midwesterner that has never been to Hawaii and probably never will, it is amazing there are enough high end players there on such a small geographical area to support a store like yours. :rock: :rock: :rock: I hope it lasts ti you retire!

guitarmike":2za1g9mf said:
As a Midwesterner that has never been to Hawaii and probably never will, it is amazing there are enough high end players there on such a small geographical area to support a store like yours. :rock: :rock: :rock: I hope it lasts ti you retire!

Thanks brother... Hot Licks Guitars has been around since 1983, and while like most of us here, I have an appreciation of the finer things (musically speaking). I've had to 'make do' with what I could afford-- as I was coming up. As a guitar store owner-- I focus mainly on "meat and potatoes" stuff. I try to keep a wide range of products for various tastes and budgets (a bit difficult, almost like predicting what will do well what will just sit). I do also carry a larger than average assortment of Left handed instruments.

I KNOW I am insane, as to my personal standards for what I like. I acknowledge that MOST guys won't go to MY level of extremes, but they don't have to. Here at Hot Licks, we put our money where out mouth is. If you're a beginner or the most experienced pro, we can and do relate, and aim to help the customer decide what the best solution for THEM is. The fun part about having the CRAZY rig at the shop is, is that it allows a REAL frame of reference for people to experience it 1st hand, as opposed to philosophy and theories as to how it sounds-- compared to other (usually WAY less expensive, and smaller) gear. BUT... IF they want to go to extremes, they KNOW we can help because we've already been there/done that too. Also, I use it as a demo tool. People seem to appreciate that the pedals in my rig are normal available over-the-counter pedals, that they can have too, and often haven't ever thought about them, but for seeing/hearing them in my rig. Can't tell you how many guys have asked me about the Dyna Comp, or the Phase90 as though it's a new product that's just been released for the 1st time. I stock them and sell them as a result. I LOVE gear! ALL kinds of gear from Eventide and TC Electronic to MXR, Boss, Electro Harmonix... Not a snob, though I often get mistaken for one. I just KNOW what gear WILL get the results I want, and I happen to own it, so some guys get put off by that, not realizing I've done gigs w/ a Roland Cube60, or Cube 80XL etc... OR that my opinion on gear is based on actual use, not merely based on reviews.

Zachman":1275hz7m said:
IndyWS6":1275hz7m said:
What is the green striped EVH-inspired guitar? I like that. A lot :thumbsup:

Charvel... My buddy Jay's guitar. He used to work at Valley Arts, in S. California. He painted the guitar himself. Good guitarist. He comes by every now and again, and cranks up the big rig and goes off. FUN stuff.

IMG_0207.jpg
That's green EVH inspired guitar is the tits.

Back