What are you guys using to record video?

timeroo

What do you guys use for the videos you guys post of your playing? I want something affordable that is better than my phone I guess. The audio I just record in reaper and Ill sync it up after.

I use my Canon Rebel DSLR and then strip the audio and add the audio track from the DAW with a cheap video editing program.

GoPro and record audio into DAW. iMovie to mix everything. Mute the video audio and line up the .wav file from my DAW. Done!

Markedman":2bihoekd said:
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/video-recording/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder

this works good

Seems pretty cool and the price is great. The specs only says it runs off 2 AA batteries for up to 2 hours though, no power connection for it? I would like to do some videos for posting for fun too, but I hate depending on having AA batteries around. Am I missing something or are AA batteries the only option for it?

I think I will try using my phone, audio from my DAW and a cheap video editing program. I know literally nothing about video editing, what's a simple and easy video editing program?

stratjacket":29ckgjhn said:
Markedman":29ckgjhn said:
https://www.zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/video-recording/zoom-q2n-handy-video-recorder

this works good

Seems pretty cool and the price is great. The specs only says it runs off 2 AA batteries for up to 2 hours though, no power connection for it? I would like to do some videos for posting for fun too, but I hate depending on having AA batteries around. Am I missing something or are AA batteries the only option for it?

I have this mostly for band practice
Those batteries die in less than 20min!
Lipstick USB charger solves that issue

timeroo":3d2u20gt said:
I think I will try using my phone, audio from my DAW and a cheap video editing program. I know literally nothing about video editing, what's a simple and easy video editing program?
This will work
You may as well try Windows Movie Maker
It is is simple & free

I pulled the trigger on a Go Pro Hero5 Session last night. Did a lot of reading and youtube searching on a ton of things the last week and decided to go that route. I guess we'll see how it works. I like the compact size and attachments to be able to connect it to the guitar and other things to get some different angles. And the video quality seems good too.

Cool, glad to see some success with the Go Pro. Seems like a little badass cube where you can make some great angles for recording.

Curious, what software ar you guys using to sync up the video with whatever audio you record? I have been a Pro Tools user for 12 or so years so I'll stick with that for audio. I've been reading reviews for Final Cut Pro and a product I found called Filmora (https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/).

Filmora seems interesting, maybe a hair above iMovie. It took me a long time to get pretty good with Pro Tools, so I'm not sure I want to dive into a complicated video program, so I'm not sure about something like Final Cut Pro.

Any users of Final Cut Pro or Filmora that can weigh in on usability vs complexity/learning curve?

The Zoom thing is the way to go. It has a wide view which can be adjusted and records great without distortion, usb powered if wanted. For stupid who wants simple.

Back