uggh Peavey

crankyrayhanky

crankyrayhanky

Well-known member
So I have been a Peavey basically 40+ years, buying many of their amps, guitars, etc.
I was kind of disgusted by their actions on Undercover Boss, it was like the only episode that ended with the company as villains. Eventually stopped thinking about that as I really love their new HP2 and wound up getting 2 of those.

I still have a Peavey HP from 2007. It has that Peavey trem stop built into the guitar. At some point, I took the piece out and now it's been missing for years. I knew they would not have that part, but I gave it a shot with an email to their listed support: parts@peavey.com

At first they seemed super helpful, asking questions about what exactly I needed. But then, this answer:
Unfortunately, we don't have that available any longer. I have looked everywhere for one.
You can try the following places.
Allparts.com, stewmac, and Warmoth.

No surprise, I didn't expect they had any. So responded one last time with:
Ok, thank you for looking

and here's the part that bugs me:

Message blocked​

Your message to parts@peavey.com has been blocked.



At no point was I anything less than appreciative, I was patient on their responses (which was fairly quick anyway).
I could bore you with the emails, but there is nothing there that is overwhelming, tense or anything negative in any way.
Being blocked implies that they don't want to be bothered with this, but I understood and I was ready to move on, so why?
What really bugs me is that now if I do have another question about parts on say one of the many Peavey products I still own (bought new), I'd have to send it from another email. WTF. This is the only time I have every contacted them about anything.

I should have known- this company may be terrible with people.
 
Well that sucks. Seems like their parts division is ran by some soft skill lacking teenager incapable of understanding people might have other questions or other products.

After their massive liquidation back in 2019 to help keep the lights on, I imagine their parts division was greatly affected. I personally couldn’t justify owning a product with no support on custom parts.
 
A lot of companies nowadays don't even respond to emails. I remember buying a Jackson guitar that had a bad neck pocket fit, and when I emailed them, I never got any response.
 
I once directly emailed Brian Ball, current CEO of Ernie Ball Music Man; he emailed back with responses to my questions within a day. I'm sure if he was traveling it would take longer. Based on what he wrote, it was clear it wasn't written by an admin assistant.

edit: I had an issue with my Gittler, contacted the owner; he had me ship the guitar, and fixed it, and updated it too. Zero cost except shipping to them; the shipped it back for free.

I've also had good customer support from Jackson and Ibanez.
 
I once directly emailed Brian Ball, current CEO of Ernie Ball Music Man; he emailed back with responses to my questions within a day. I'm sure if he was traveling it would take longer. Based on what he wrote, it was clear it wasn't written by an admin assistant.

edit: I had an issue with my Gittler, contacted the owner; he had me ship the guitar, and fixed it, and updated it too. Zero cost except shipping to them; the shipped it back for free.

I've also had good customer support from Jackson and Ibanez.
Yeah, well how can he pass up answering “Hi Mr. ball. What’s your favorite three things to do when on international waters?”
 
  • Haha
Reactions: rsm

Similar threads

Back
Top