What attenuator(s) are you using for your NMV amps these days?

Agree.. good to knock a few db's off but regardless, they change the tone. Straight in and " bare back" is the way to go and that's the sound that's in your head. Ya gotta crank it.
I don't use mine very often...running either 72 Marshall through greenbacks is one way to 'dampen' the tone; since they aren't as efficient they keep the vol a little lower than a cab with V30s, 65s or 75s. Of course, until you fry the GBs lol.

Hate all attenuators. Have had many including the various powerstations and Ultimate and Alex and a ton more. They all rob something. I have given up on them.

Seems majority votes go to either a powerstation or nothing at all. I have a PS100 initially bought to use as an attenuator. But I found the MV on my amps worked just as well. So I've been using it as a power amp for my Synergy/MTS setup. I have a couple of NMV amp builds I'm thinking about doing (Laney supergroup & Marshall super lead clones) and considering the best way to tame the volume a little. Not trying to get to bedroom levels, just take the volume down to at most 90-100 dB. Another powerstation may be the way to go.

My PS2A as a power amp.
Thats the one thing I haven't tried as I use it for attenuating and the loop.
Have been considering trying one of those Friedman IR-X units though.
My buddy has one and loves it!

Back