What level of guitar playing to you consider yourself to be?

What level is your playing at?

• Advanced

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Average

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Beginner

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Above Average

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • Expert

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

Tone Monster

I'll make up the categories for this silly thread! :LOL: :LOL:

1. beginner
2. average
3. above average
4. advanced
5. expert

Personally, this has always been tricky in my mind as I don't have any "real life" guitar buddies. I'm a big Metallica can and really enjoy playing rhythm mainly because I suck at lead :yes: For instance, I can play 95% of Hetfield's parts "to speed", so maybe I'm slightly above average??? BUT, some of you guys on here are amazing and I would classify a few of you as Expert. Anyway, this is a thought that pops into my head every now and then and was just curious as to how you would rate yourself and why. Or describe your playing and let others opine :rock:

-I think we should have a competition of sorts, then everyone will get a grade after there avatar.

How bout everyone gets graded on "their" english ?

FWIW seeing how most music today is anything but "rock" and of what "rock" there is it has no lead break its not too difficult to play anything.

Thats why NWA & MaDonna are in the RRHOF.

Chester Nimitz":jcf0kctj said:

FWIW seeing how most music today is anything but "rock" and of what "rock" there is it has no lead break its not too difficult to play anything.

Sorry but NWA rocked out pretty hard and dre used the turntables for leads.

just sayin'

I'm not a beginner but I'm probably not average either. There needs to be a "could play for a million years and never be above average" category.

And in order to vote expert you should have to post a clip. :D

maddnotez":2c3373hj said:
Chester Nimitz":2c3373hj said:

just sayin'
Subjective. For Christ sake ABBA is in the RRHOF.

So does that mean Hendrix & Chuck Berry are going to be in the Hip Hop HOF ?

Chester Nimitz":2yed1ydc said:
maddnotez":2yed1ydc said:
Chester Nimitz":2yed1ydc said:

just sayin'
Subjective. So does that mean Hendrix & Chuck Berry are going to be in the Hip Hop HOF ?

:LOL: :LOL:

Ok you win.

NWA should not be in RRHOF but they were really good and also ground breaking.

The RRHOF is a joke anyway.

Agreed a joke.

They were going to charge Steve Miller 10K per band member @ their induction to the RRHOF and THEY WERE PERFORMING.

You guys are humble. It's hard to rate yourself vs. most guitarists rather than rigtalk guitarists. We have a bit of a niche. I'm a novice here, but am "amazing" to people who have no idea! LOL

Chester Nimitz":2b7ao473 said:

Agreed a joke.

They were going to charge Steve Miller 10K per band member @ their induction to the RRHOF and THEY WERE PERFORMING.

That's really a shame. I've never watched any of the "ceremonies" but I can see all the corporate stamps and sponsors in the back drop. That's when you know it's crap when politics get involved.

Back