Which Uberschall Do I Want?

FourT6and2

And why are used ones so damn expensive? I had one many years ago and I think they were going for like $1600-1800 at the time. Now used ones have asking prices upwards of $3K??? Original, Rev2/Green, Rev Blue?

Rev2/Green has updated gain taper?
Rev Blue has actual voicing changes?

Not interested in Twin Jet.

I honestly don’t think any of the Uberschalls are worth it. My friend has an early one (probably Rev2/Green) and it can sound nice and better than other version Uberschalls I’ve tried (Twin Jet, Blue and other earlier versions), but when I brought over my iic+ and Cameron modded Marshall’s I felt they smoked it. The Uber was a lot smoother and more polite in comparison, nowhere near as good for leads as a iic+ (almost no other amp is though), not as organic or detailed/complex tone nor as full frequency. Overall, I think the Uber’s can sound very good, but not top tier level and there are just better amps in that price range imo. I’d take my Triple Rec Rev C/F over any Uberschall every time, one of my top 3 or 4 favorite high gain amps

I don’t think those sellers will get 3k. Maybe in the mid 2000’s if they’re very lucky, but who knows

Saw one on Facebook for 3700.... laughable. Played a Rev Blue and had a Twin Jet for awhile. Nice enough amps but I can’t imagine paying 3000 even if the Rev 2 was 10x nicer

Had a Rev Blue and it was a great amp. I think it sounded somewhat smooth, or maybe lacked any unique growl or vocal quality if that makes sense. But the low end was the most impressive of any amp I've had. Sounded extremely thick and was Uber articulate. I played it boosted with the amps gain set 11-noon. I sold mine for $1500 about a year or so ago.

Interesting. I guess I'm just bored. The two amps I have are amazing and not going anywhere but I vaguely miss the chewiness of the Uber I had years ago.

Now that I think back, I may have even got less than that when I sold it...

There definitely was a chewiness to the Uber, but the 20th Anny had even more of that chewy texture to the gain.

Now that I think back, I may have even got less than that when I sold it...

There definitely was a chewiness to the Uber, but the 20th Anny had even more of that chewy texture to the gain.
Agreed. To me the chewiest sounding amps I’ve tried have been my Triple Rectifier Rev C/F on the Orange Channel and early prototype VH4 Purpleface

That guy that does amp vids on YouTube that everyone loves to hate for whatever reason hinted that a MK2 Uberschall may be in the works.

I wouldn’t pay more than $1500 for one. I sold a new one for $1400 not too long ago. I like the Blue best... but that’s not saying much. The older ones sound like ass despite the Net Hype.

That guy that does amp vids on YouTube that everyone loves to hate for whatever reason hinted that a MK2 Uberschall may be in the works.

Which guy is that? Ola? Angry Grumpy Cat Guitar

Agreed. To me the chewiest sounding amps I’ve tried have been my Triple Rectifier Rev C/F on the Orange Channel and early prototype VH4 Purpleface
Agreed, brother. My C modded Rev G Triple on Orange is the shit. Chewy as fuck and still hits like a sledgehammer.

Prices on all used gear have gone up IMO, thanks to the COVID tax. There are still some deals to be had, but as far as the Uber goes, it seems like they are a bit rare these days. I used to see them all the time on my local CL and fairly often on Reverb.

As for which version to choose, I've played a Rev 2 (without me realizing its current mystique) and currently own a Rev blue and I would say it all depends on what you want. The Rev 2 is truly a one trick EVIL pony while the blue is can coax more varied voicings. As for the low end, Rev 2 has cleaner sub resonance frequencies. Reminds of the Splawn Nitro but still not as tight and punchy as the Nitro. The Rev blue is not far behind from the Rev 2 and is certainly not as flubby of a mess as others here have made it out to be. I'm puzzled by that. Keep that master volume up at least past noon to keep the bass response tighter.

I personally would go Rev blue. Rev 2 is awesome and has an easier eq to dial, but it is typical internet hype. It's not worlds different than the blue. I don't care who wants to @Me. I'm sure some will attest to this assessment as well.

I like the TJ quite a bit as well but the eq is even more confusing than any other of their iterations. It has a steep learning curve, just like a Recto.

The Rev 2 is great. It's like a higher quality Recto sound, if you're into that. The low end actually feels connected to the note fundamental. Paying more than $2000 is crazy though. The Rev Blue and Twin Jet can be had for cheaper but seem to lose the appeal.

You can hear the difference in this video:

Adlene (Uber Bro) and the other stroke on FB are smoking crack with their $3700+ prices.

I sold a rev green a few months ago for $2200.

I thought my rev blue soundes better than the rev green FWIW

The Rev 2 is great. It's like a higher quality Recto sound, if you're into that. The low end actually feels connected to the note fundamental. Paying more than $2000 is crazy though. The Rev Blue and Twin Jet can be had for cheaper but seem to lose the appeal.

You can hear the difference in this video:

I think the Recto sounded better. It sat more where a guitar should sit. The Uber sounds gummy, and the lows would be all up in the bass players turf.

Adlene (Uber Bro) and the other stroke on FB are smoking crack with their $3700+ prices.

I sold a rev green a few months ago for $2200.

I thought my rev blue soundes better than the rev green FWIW

Based on his Facebook posts I think Adlene (Uber Bro) has moved on from Uberschalls since discovering the iic+’s and coliseums that he has now. Took him a while, but he was pretty stubborn about Uberschalls being the be all end all

Idk who could not like a green Uberschall. Theyre massive and heavy af.

Get a pitbull 100CL if you dont want the uber. $3k is laughable btw

I think the Recto sounded better. It sat more where a guitar should sit. The Uber sounds gummy, and the lows would be all up in the bass players turf.
Definitely true. This is probably the only statement in this thred that is accurate lol.

But.....how many of you play in an active band?

Back