Wonder if this pedal is going to sound like shit ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
griff10672

griff10672

Well-known member
1791039403852.jpeg
 
It's got a mini toggel on it. Probably sounds pretty killer.
it does actually ....
What is the circuit?
it's an EHX OP-Amp Big Muff

a buddy of mine wanted one after he got to play @Nigel 's for a few minutes while it was on my board being tested ...

His exact words were ... " Just build me one ..... I don't care about graphics ... you can put a steaming turd on it for all I care ... it sounds amazing "

we here at Griffin Analog do our best for special requests ..... hope he likes it
 
No love for the Muff Bezo ??
As far as fuzzes go, I've always been more of a Fuzz Face guy, but I only use it for parts as a texture. I never liked a fuzz as my core tone.

I might try that Anubis again soon. I got some good sounds out of it as more of a boosted dirt pedal that a fuzz pedal. I just don't want to be a stereotype by playing a fuzz through an Orange amp with my sludge band. Nothing worse to me than a cliche.
 
As far as fuzzes go, I've always been more of a Fuzz Face guy, but I only use it for parts as a texture. I never liked a fuzz as my core tone.

I might try that Anubis again soon. I got some good sounds out of it as more of a boosted dirt pedal that a fuzz pedal. I just don't want to be a stereotype by playing a fuzz through an Orange amp with my sludge band. Nothing worse to me than a cliche.
Do we need to do a special Bezo Drive for the Sludge stuff ?
 
Do we need to do a special Bezo Drive for the Sludge stuff ?
I don't know what I want. I feel like a fuzz is the right move, but I hate fuzz. Every time I try a fuzz, it sounds like a fuzz, and I reject it. Should I be looking at Amp-In-A-Box pedals? Maybe a Marshall flavor for the big buzzy mids?

I don't know. Maybe I should just stick to the Mesas. I like the Mesas.
 
I don't know what I want. I feel like a fuzz is the right move, but I hate fuzz. Every time I try a fuzz, it sounds like a fuzz, and I reject it. Should I be looking at Amp-In-A-Box pedals? Maybe a Marshall flavor for the big buzzy mids?

I don't know. Maybe I should just stick to the Mesas. I like the Mesas.
1791071851751.jpeg



my version of the Model FET .... which is a Sunn T Pre amp supposedly

 
Last edited:
it does actually ....

it's an EHX OP-Amp Big Muff

a buddy of mine wanted one after he got to play @Nigel 's for a few minutes while it was on my board being tested ...

His exact words were ... " Just build me one ..... I don't care about graphics ... you can put a steaming turd on it for all I care ... it sounds amazing "

we here at Griffin Analog do our best for special requests ..... hope he likes it

I absolutely hate fuzzes (and muffs in particular) but I absolutely love that you are this committed to the bit
 
Back
Top